I'll wait for more info and see what quality and interchangeability look like. Most of my new Saigas have taken some work to get them running smooth so the quality doesn't have to be perfect (nice if it is though). The big issue for me would be mags and other parts. It's taken about 10 years for the development of "after market" mags/parts for the Saigas and if the Fury isn't able to use those......well not worth it.

wonderif rthey are actually in hand... maybe it will be a price war in a race t o the bottom... that would be neat... with obammer in office not very likely i suppose

I did a simple google search yesterday and found a vendor called "American Gun Wrangler" selling these for $850.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, HighPlainsDrifter. I suppose a "wildcat" is a bit cooler name than an "antelope"...

I really wish I knew the quality of these things. They have quite a nice features list for the price! I have dealt with Chinese metalurgy before. It is sometimes full of inclusions and other anomalies. I am sure they function and can be made to run well. My worry is that they won't hold up to prolonged use. Wish I had $700 to gamble with...

For the record, the word "Catamount" is obviously pronounced, "SAY-guh"!!! haha.gif

Catamount to much! Come on redneck and hillbillys!

Catamount to a saiga 12

Catamount to my 700 bucks

Catamount to a hill of beans

Catamount to a hill of rice

Catamount to a vepr

Jk, I am fairly optimistic, but if and only if it drops to half the price of a russki version. Technically stores are sellin saigas for 9 or 10, so technically its 300 less. Buuuuuut, as we know, those prices are inflated...so hopefulyy soon the prices will drop. I will look at wanenmachers for em this weekend, if they are everywhere, we will know that the price will drop soon.

I think its safe to say that these won't get the vepr treatment....1k initial then 1400 later... more like 7 initial, then 250 later. These are a lot scarier to the consumer I bet than saigas... saigas have a gloss finish, lolz

I will look at wanenmachers for em this weekend, if they are everywhere,

DANG!!! I knew I was missing something. I can't believe I'll be missing the Wannenmacher Gun Show... Totally forgot, and I'm all booked up. Oh well... I'm broke anyway! Enjoy the show!

*jealous

Catamount to much! Come on redneck and hillbillys!

Catamount to a saiga 12

Catamount to my 700 bucks

Catamount to a hill of beans

Catamount to a hill of rice

Catamount to a vepr

Jk, I am fairly optimistic, but if and only if it drops to half the price of a russki version. Technically stores are sellin saigas for 9 or 10, so technically its 300 less. Buuuuuut, as we know, those prices are inflated...so hopefulyy soon the prices will drop. I will look at wanenmachers for em this weekend, if they are everywhere, we will know that the price will drop soon.

I think its safe to say that these won't get the vepr treatment....1k initial then 1400 later... more like 7 initial, then 250 later. These are a lot scarier to the consumer I bet than saigas... saigas have a gloss finish, lolz

Gotta disagree on the price difference, I just bought my saiga 12 new a few weeks ago for $750, so I'm not gonna pay the same money for a Chinese knock-off

• 2 weeks later...

The price will lower as long as they don't sell many at higher prices. If I ever get one, I'll have to find a way to remove any "Made in China" markings... I'm interested in looking one over and hearing what owners think of them after a year or two of wide availability. Nobody wants to be a guinea pig, especially at the current price. I really hope whoever gets one soon will post back here with lots of details.