Trigger Question?

• 1 month later...

yep, the BHO is nice to have, especially when you go shooting at the range and the RSO needs to see a cleared receiver.

The biggest pain is getting it back in after a trigger switch... theres a small spring that provides tension to the lever, and getting that little spring into position and secured took longer than anything else.

I would leave it in and not grind anything off of it. I started wearing gloves when i shoot because it was rubbing on my decadent capitalist finger, and AK's tend to get quite hot... even with all that, I still keep it.

• 2 months later...

Hint for getting the bolt-hold open spring installed .... instead of trying to push down from above ( on the circular portion of the torsion spring)...use dental floss and bring the two ends of the string down below after threading it through the circular loop....and pull-down from below through the open slot. You have much more control on the direction you are applying force to the spring, and getting it centered within the receiver holes.

After learning this trick it has gone MUCH faster !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I left mine in (on both my .308 and 5.45) and am glad I did. I did cut them off so they are flush with the receiver when fully engaged. I also smoothed/rounded it so it is less noticable when not engaged. To be honest, just fooling around with the gun I do notice it, but never feel it when running drills. I like having a real BHO on my guns, even one that has to be engaged manually. I can't remember exactly but think I installed everything and reached in with a sharp pick and got the spring tail up over the back of the BHO. To cut it off, I removed the grip, engaged the BHO, marked it with a Sharpie, let it out and cut it off with a Dremal cut-off wheel. Then I contured it with a grind stone in the Dremal. Forgot to mention that I put a couple layers of masking tape on the rest of the gun to protect it while Dremaling.

yep, the BHO is nice to have, especially when you go shooting at the range and the RSO needs to see a cleared receiver.

The biggest pain is getting it back in after a trigger switch... theres a small spring that provides tension to the lever, and getting that little spring into position and secured took longer than anything else.

I would leave it in and not grind anything off of it. I started wearing gloves when i shoot because it was rubbing on my decadent capitalist finger, and AK's tend to get quite hot... even with all that, I still keep it.

The easiest way to put that spring back in is to take the trigger and pin out , then do the same with the hammer and pin ; the BHO lever is also out . Now you will have the whole trigger system out of the receiver . Then , insert and lower trigger in position and insert trigger`s pin halfway in , lower BHO spring on position and push the trigger pin thru the spring loop , making sure the spring`s front leg is extended out ... as simple as that .

Then , insert and lower the BHO lever (the spring goes between the BHO lever and the receiver`s wall) and lift and mount the spring`s rear leg onto the rear of the BHO lever . I suggest to bend it a little bit down to make sure it would not slip out , then , insert hammer , twist it to position it , guide the BHO lever`s front hole and push the hammer pin all the way thru ... you are done. It reads like a difficult thing , but , but it is easily done in a couple of minutes with no spring force .. all the parts will follow in position very easily .

Edited by josey88