Saiga 7.62 Pennsylvania Conversions?

I bought my 7.62 in 2006 for $279.00 shipped! Crazy! But now I just want the conversion done. I am looking for someone in Pennsylvania preferably to add the regular buttstock and pistol grip.. like seen here

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/furniture-sets/ak-47-furniture-set-sku080000495-24697-50979.aspx?mc_id=80000&srch=1&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c3466_a_7c080000495_d_080000495_d_10867..

Any info or any reputable gunsmiths would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's really easy to do it yourself and you'll gain a much better understanding of how your rifle functions. To pull it off though you're going to need more than just the furniture though. You'll need a new trigger group due to the fact that the stock grouping is made to compenstate for moving the trigger back to where the factory stock is (Tapco G2 is pretty popular and works great, also fairly cheap). I also suggest a retainer plate to hold everything in place, also pretty cheap. The only tools you'll need are a screw driver, punch and hammer (to get the pins out of the receiver to install your new FCG), and a dremel or similar cutting tool to chop up your trigger guard so it'll fit with the pistol grip. All the work should only take about an hour. Here's a link to Part 1 of the conversion video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU96VbnSoTc

Hope this helps, central PAtriot representing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents, I'm new to the forum. You can replace the buttstock and add a pistol grip without replacing the trigger assembly. You can buy the tapco intrafuse 6 buttstock and saw pistol grip set. You can then use saiga or SGM/surefire mags without dremeling out the magwell. Those mags are a bit expensive but they do work.