Maybe it had a $7000 scope?

They could at least make a new price tag for it, instead of allowing people to see they jacked up the price by 6K on an already over priced gun! You should go in there "shopping" for a .308 and see what kind of sales pitch they give you.

It's mis-labeled. That's a 24th century phased plasma rifle, 40 watt, with an auto rangefinding and auto-targeting optic.

It has to be stolen. It's proscribed weaponry in the 24th century. Only the most elite of the immortal Emperor Obama's secret government assassins are permitted to use them.

Hey, some tacticool mall ninja is going to buy that and feel great about it...and the shop is going to feel even better. If you've seen any pawn shop show on TV, this shouldn't surprise you. If they didn't think they were going to sell it, they wouldn't price it like that...and they know their clientele. That being said I'd be willing to be we're not seeing everything...maybe the scope really is a couple grand? Maybe the rifle was completely rebuilt? Match grade barrel?

When you're rich, the price doesn't matter as much.

This is a price that says I don't want to sell it. Or it's a rebuilt transferable machine gun from a registered ak reiciver. I would never set a foot in that store and I'd ask for the owner and tell them why. There's two main gun store in my town and one has stayed pricing their stuff at the right price. The other has been selling 75 round packs of 7.62x39 for 129.99 and aluminum GI ar mags for 40 bucks. I can tell you which store will be out of business in a couple of years from now.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As the owner this establishment, I feel it unfair the the OP neglected to disclose the fact that this rifle came as part of a package that included a Russian mail-order bride and a bottle of Kalashnikov vodka.  I mean...COME ON.

Can't help but "like" this comment and give it a bump!