front sight block

I've read on this forum about threading a saiga barrel and what it takes to do it. I have a few questions concerning it. When cutting off the barrel protector on the the saiga front sight block could someone pull the front sight block forward just like a regular ak? So that way you don't have to grind off part of the new threads that you just cut because of the way the muzzle brake was made? I was just curious because it seemed to be a whole lot easier.

As long as the barrel is of a CONSISTENT DIAMETER from the FSB forward to the muzzle...Of course you COULD...

You would have to drill new pin holes into the barrel for the newer placement of the retaining pins. Care would be needed to make sure you got them square, or your FSB will be canted to one side. NOt a big issue, as that happens frequently with many AK styles. and just needs a little tweak to fix...

You would also probably see where the old holes were, and that would require some touch up with paint... as long as you didnt mind those small dents in the barrel, there is no reason you couldnt.

And yes, it probably wouldnt be a very difficult job at all...

Or just get a brake big enough to fit OVER the barrel... They are out there... depending on what style you are looking for. The AK74 style brakes I got from RPB fit over the longer threaded barrel.

HERE... http://www.ak-103.com/parts.html

Good luck.

:smoke: