Bonesteel Left folding M4 stock - Sweet

I received the Bonestel left folding M4 stock for the Vepr 12 http://www.bonesteelarms.com/Vepr-12-RPK-folding-stock-with-integral-M4-collapsable-stock-RPKFSTB.htm The stock is of very high quality materia; and well designed.

It turns out I had a problem installing the screw inside the housing. I called Bonesteel and Chris answered on a Saturday at 4:00 pm... Wow. He explained that he had earlier in the day diagnosed the root cause which was the screw head diameter was a tad to to large. This stemmed from changing screw vendors and the diameter of the screw head was 100th too large for only the Vepr-12. Chris also offered to send a new screw, which I appreciated but thought it would be easier to reduce the diameter of the screw head. Knowing the issue I filed the screw head edge for a few minutes with a hand file and the screw dropped in perfectly.

I was thinking about ordering the same stock for my SGL-12. After the positive experience with Chris, I order the same stock from Bonesteel for the SGL-12.

thank Chris.

Doug

• Like 5

I got mine today, ordered it 12/18/12. Was a left side for the VEPR 12. Have another on order for my S12, well worth the money and the wait. Very well made and amazingly light. Pictures will be a day or two, have a lot of projects going on.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

Thanks for that info, I just got my left side galil tonight (ordered 12-12-12) and thought the screw was too short and was going to check lowes tomorrow But I can turn the head down in a second, sweet. This stock is very well made, me like.

Guys, we are shipping them now and starting to get caught up, by end of next week anyone who has been waiting a long time will have had theirs shipped. Guys that ordered the ak/saiga version got them before the rpk/vepr-12 version, but we are shipping them based on oldest orders first, if someone that ordered later than you got theirs already, it was a different variation. The oldest backorders now are for rpk/vepr-12 galil stocks, and we have a ton of those en route to me this weekend, I will have them assembled and shipped next week.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I got mine in last week and installed. A left side folder galil style for the vepr 12 with the awesomely cheap $5 QD sling attachment (cant beat the price). It installs very snugly, is very good worksmanship, and aesthetically i can not say enough.

While there was a long wait (over a month), chris bonesteel has amazing customer service and was always available. I spoke with him on a couple differen occasions about my order and he was awesome every time.

I want to pick up another vepr or a saiga so i can get the AR style side folder to try out.