My 223 build....Pics....

Finally pickedup my 223 from the smith, so just wanted to throw some pics up....Started as a 21" barrel, had cut/crown threaded to 12.5". Krebs fsb/gb combo, AMD gas tube, AMD piston. I made the fake can, its 316L SS. That was pinned to OAL to 16.750...Useing a Samson K-rail Model 1....More info as the build progresses...Waiting for the email from Difinitive Arms to tell me to ship out for there AR mag adapter...

saigacan2_zps06853bc4.jpg

saigacan1_zps9bb9f5a3.jpg

saigarail1_zps3f442528.jpg

saigarail3_zps2de89c33.jpg

saigarail2_zpsa8c14b72.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
That is looking slick. Going to be a fun toy. I'm on the list for DA to convert mine but I suppose I'll be waiting awhile.

Yes we will... They are filling all LEO contracts first. My friend should be receiving his complete rifle this week....

• 2 weeks later...

saigaubr_zps53dcf3a2.jpg

saigaandarsenal1_zps329a97d2.jpg

Just an update....Put 40 flawless rds thru it yesturday....Still undecided on BUIS as of yet...Have a set of magpul and a set of ARMS,,To me they both feel like junk...Samson rail is around .250" highger then the TWS so not sure if a set of micro's will work.

Unsure of what optics im gonna use, the CMR is sweet, but it weighs about 1lb in the mount...The PA M4 RDS is a winner to....

I bought the Samson rail used, and the PO has to cut a section off the top rail. It actually worked out for me since i wanted to cap off the end and cope to fit around the can...Welded up nice....

Still waiting for my enail from Chase @ Difinitive Arms to have my adapter installed....

Keep you posted....

(My other Russian beauty underneath...SGL-31)

[

Edited by superbee
  • Like 1