Dad2142Dad VEPR12 #1 Conversion Thread

Ok so final got an hour to convert a VEPR12

This by far was the easiest conversion out of all that I have done. Only one item needed to filed.

Parts used in the conversion

Stock - Bonesteel Left Side folder http://bonesteelarms.com/Vepr-12-RPK-folding-stock-with-integral-M4-collapsable-stock-RPKFSTB.htm

Muzzle Break - CSS US VERSION OF THE VEPR 12 BRAKE http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1577/MOLOT-GK-dsh-01-VEPR-SAIGA/Detail?sfs=bcdf4dca

FCG - CSS TRIGGER GROUP- MODIFIED SAIGA FIRE CONTROL GROUP http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-138/TROMIX-SAIGA-TRIGGER-TAPCO/Detail?sfs=bcdf4dca

Pistol Grip - Scorpion http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1359/ATI-AK-dsh-47-Pistol-Grip/Detail?sfs=a584cb7e

So this started when I first got it and replaced the stock with a Saiga sporter and installed the muzzle break.

DSC01886.jpg

Was waiting on the Bonesteel folder to complete the rest. Very happy I waited. The Bonesteel folder is very light weight, folds easily and locks up nice and tight.

The below photo shows the start of today's events.

The next four pics are pf the original configuration on the breakdown.
Next is installing the pistol grip

Now I mentioned in the opening that there was one part that needed to be filed. That is the stock screw under the dust cover. The head is just slightly to be (.001). Not really a big deal to file a little off. Bonesteel knows of this and will be correcting.

Next two Pics are the folder installed with the sling mount.

Next three pics show the original and replace FCG's. The last one is a closeup of the original hammer.

New FCG installed

Next four pics are the completed shotgun

Ok last two pics show the difference when folded of having the M4 collapsed and extended. With it collapsed all the way, your fingers will be impacted on firing.

So there you go, pretty easy. I purposely did not do any polishing or make any modifications to the parts (Other than the screw for the stock). Want to see how it runs first.

Will post updates when it has been tested.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 4

Dad, Looks good. I did the same basic conversion to make it 922r compliant even though I haven't seen anything specifically mentioned about it other than wanting to use larger capacity mags. I added two more parts a CSS gas puck and a Hogue pistol grip that I had from a previous conversion I didn't use. You may want to look inside and insure your safety is not coming in contact with the disconnector when you move it back and forth. I had to file the safety ever so slightly to get clearance, I didn't notice it at first until Pauly made mention about it in an earlier thread. I'm glad your M4 style left folder arrived, I'm awaiting the Galil style left side folder for mine hopefully they will also start shipping soon as well. Just one question; What is your overall length with the muzzle device installed?

What is your overall length with the muzzle device installed?

34" folded,41.25" unfolded M4 collapsed, 44.5" unfolded M4 at full extension

Also 8Lbs 8oz with no magazine

Are you left handed?

No I am right handed

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Update, just ran 100 noble sport through it. No issues with factory 5rd or one SGM 12 Rd. Did have an issue with one SGM 12 rd, appears the shells are sticking at the top of the mag.

As far as the replacement FCG and the stock goes, works great. Lots of fun shooting from the hip big_smile.gif

• Like 1