We almost regularly have a limit on ammo here. I know one time like 2-3 years ago I could buy without a limit, then came the Aurora, and the election, and then Sandy Hook. We already have enough of an issue with people buying up ammo so usually they keep it at 6 box max. I don't know currently since I don't ever see any on the shelves now. I will say that I had to buy printer ink today and got a $5 gift card during the purchase. Like getting a free box of ammo when I finally see one there

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with Obama, Personally I like the 3 box limit(if it is temporary which im sure it is) It keeps assholes from buying up all the ammo just to turn around and resal

I like the policy too, except when I'm the asshole trying to buy 10 boxes.

Back door gun control.

Well, I never wanted to say anything about it cause I figured it would be labeled "crazy talk" but....I heard tell that if you buy ammo every product code on the order is saved and sent to a database at DHS.

Then the list of codes is automatically parsed for certain combinations. For instance if you buy Preparation-H, buttermilk and XXXL panty hose automatically a search of both the IRS and Social Security databases based on the name on the debit card you used is executed.

The footage from the hidden security camera at the checkout is run through facial recognition software and compared against an international database of known NASCAR and WWE fans for possible matches. This data is then compiled into a profile which is entered into your permanent record, the same one that contains the incident from high school when you got busted for farting in History class (they warned you then but you didn't listen).

Your profile is then placed on a "high alert" list awaiting future incoming flags from any number of sources. Of course you might say paying with cash would avoid a lot of this....WRONG! Then they'd have your finger prints.

• Like 2

Load up a cart full of groceries, (non perishable, if your nice..fresh meat, dairy, seafood if your evil) take it over to the sporting goods counter tell them what you want, when they tell you theirs a limit, tell them you refuse to buy anything else there. Leave them the cart to restock. naaaa.gif

• Like 3

I don't think a limit is wrong. Not saying it's right. But walmart can set their own rules.

Personally, I gave up trying to find ammo at wallyworld because the odds were against me being the first to see the ammo cart being wheeled out from the back. Now I'll probably stop by again since the odds have changed. I won't be able to stock my locker or hit the lottery reselling on gb, but 3 extra boxes would make the difference in whether I can go shooting this weekend.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

being in this forum has enlightened me in the [need to stash items],so being forwarned i have ample supply, and glad wallmart is slowing down the ammo grab by people who couldent see the wrighting on the wall,and buy all the ammo in the store,even i leave at least one box on the shelf.

My wallyworld had about 30 boxes of x39 Tulammo on the shelf today so I got my three boxes, paid with my Paypal business account debit card...bought rope, and five jars of vaseline...they can make what they want out of that.

• Like 2
My wallyworld had about 30 boxes of x39 Tulammo on the shelf today so I got my three boxes, paid with my Paypal business account debit card...bought rope, and five jars of vaseline...they can make what they want out of that.

Guns, and lots of auto-erotic asphyxiation....DHS is gonna love that.....

I talked to my wallyworld SG manager the other day...they might have 5 boxes of ammo total on the shelf. He said they got an email from corp stating the rumors of not selling ammo was false but he said the system will not let him place an order from the warehouse. Who knows...it's probably a little bit of everything list in this thread...LOL

I just hate to think the bulk pack days are gone....

My Walmart today told me that I was limited to three jars of Vaseline and two boxes of rubber gloves per visit, and that I could only purchase one National Geographic mag per month! I was kind of embarrassed that they had a photo of me in front of all the cashier checkouts, and they called in six security guards over to me to give me this information today!

• Like 1

Stopped in the other day and looked in the glass ammo case..a couple boxes of hunting caliber rifle ammo, one 20 round of .45 and one box of .410 slugs. That was it! When I asked if there was any 9mm in the back, the dude just looked at me and laughed! "We aren't getting anything hardly at all" was what he told me. Luckily they had a bulkpac of Federal 7 1/2 shot and I get it to play with as soon as I have a good weekend and this hole heals up where the abcessed tooth was!

My Walmart today told me that I was limited to three jars of Vaseline and two boxes of rubber gloves per visit, and that I could only purchase one National Geographic mag per month! I was kind of embarrassed that they had a photo of me in front of all the cashier checkouts, and they called in six security guards over to me to give me this information today!

SEE? This is exactly what I was talking about.

• Like 1

Went to the Wally World down the street at lunch and yes they had a sign saying to be fair they limit ammo sales to 3 boxes a day. I was in luck as they just got in 8 boxes of 7.62x39 Tula for $5.17 and when I got my 3 they had only 2 left. smile.png

Hey, Uncle Jake, remember, Whiskey will help you heal!!!laugh.png

Damn, mine was all out of Vaseline!!!! fff, did you beat me to it again????

• Like 1
Went to the Wally World down the street at lunch and yes they had a sign saying to be fair they limit ammo sales to 3 boxes a day. I was in luck as they just got in 8 boxes of 7.62x39 Tula for $5.17 and when I got my 3 they had only 2 left. smile.png

Hey, Uncle Jake, remember, Whiskey will help you heal!!!laugh.png

Damn, mine was all out of Vaseline!!!! fff, did you beat me to it again????

8 Boxes? And they have to "ration" that? Really?? Wow. Just wow.

I'm in same same boat. One of my LGS always has .223 in stock, but limits 4 boxes per person. I have to bring my wife, my friends, my in-laws, homeless people, illegals, and space aliens with me to get a good bit of ammo. Pain in the ass.

I just wish more places would start stocking STEEL 7.63x39 and .223. I rarely shoot brass ANYTHING, but the steel stuff has just all but disappeared.

AIM sent me an E-mail notification about Wolf .223 in stock last week. The next day when I went to order some, it was already gone.

Edited by mancat
Back door gun control.

Yes sir. If you can't control the guns... control the ammo.

Kinda like Bill Ruger did when he was alive. No mags to civilians over 10 rds. No flash suppressors. No "military features"., ETC....

He was bad - even endorsed the 1st AWB (because the Mini-14 and 10/22 we're exempt.).

I just never thought I'd see the day that of all the ammo I use the one I'd really like to get my hands on is 22LR.

I hear ya friend. I was on a mission the last two weekends to check all the stores that carry ammo in my county, and I found just about everything except .22lr. Thankfully, I have over 9k rounds in two ammo cans, but I'd sure like to have triple that!

If we just happened to get a break back to "normalcy" (not sure if we will), you can bet like hell that I will pawn off whatever I needed to to get my .22lr supply to where I want it! I also want to build me a TOTALLY tricked out 10/22, including a heavy milled bbl.

The Academy sporting goods here has a 1 box / 1 mag limit per day. No 22LR at all but steel 9mm for $9.99 and lots of LR308 mags for $19.

I needed 20 round mags for my DPMS anyway. Wish I could find more 22LR though.

Edited by The Deacon