ATI scorpion pistol grip

I did my conversion and paid to upgrade to the ATI scorpion pistol grip.

I put the bolt in through the handle used blue lock tight and the grip won't get tight.

I tried to epoxy it and it did not hold like I hoped it would. Please help me get this thing tight and snug.

Are you screwing it into the grip nut that you put inside the reciever or are you trying to screw it to one of the trigger guard type mounts?

If you are using a trigger guard mount, the scorpion bolt is too long. The bolt that comes with the trigger guard is made for a Saw grip and is too short. In this case you have to get a different bolt that is a length between the two or stack washers for the Scorpion bolt.

It is not ok to wobble. It will come off the first time you fire it.

Make sure you are using the screw that came with the grip and not your original screw. I have one of these and encountered the same problem and resolved it by using the shorter screw. If you are using the correct screw and you still have wiggle, there are two possibilities 1 you need to cut down the screw 2. the trigger guard you are using may be interferiing with how the grip seats, check that also

I was using the original screw I will swap it out when I get home.

I took it out today to zero in my red/green dot sight. The bolt didn't break so thankfully I don't get to chase it out.

I will try and find the other bolt if not I guess it's off to the hardware store for me!!

I was using the original screw I will swap it out when I get home.

I took it out today to zero in my red/green dot sight. The bolt didn't break so thankfully I don't get to chase it out.

I will try and find the other bolt if not I guess it's off to the hardware store for me!!

Is it mounting to the grip nut inside the receiver, or to the trigger guard?

It's the trigger guard. The ATI grip came with a nut but there is no way to use it with the CCS trigger guard. At least to my knowledge.

Ok... You will need to get a screw that is longer than stock, but not as long as the one with the Scorpion. I'm not sure it's going to hold for the long term. I basically bought the same thing and had to go get the right screw, but my last round out it started to come loose after using blue locktite. I took it apart today and put red locktite on it and if it doesn't stay then I will fix it the way I should have in the first place.

Cut the trigger guard after the second screw. It only needs two anyhow. Then do the proper nut install. I'm gonna try it again with the red, but I'll be real surprised if I don't end up doing it the way I consider to be right.

Edited by Big John!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Big John!" data-cid="855586" data-time="1359420966"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wolf88" data-cid="855357" data-time="1359387414"><p>It's the trigger guard. The ATI grip came with a nut but there is no way to use it with the CCS trigger guard. At least to my knowledge.</p></blockquote>

Ok... You will need to get a screw that is longer than stock, but not as long as the one with the Scorpion. I'm not sure it's going to hold for the long term. I basically bought the same thing and had to go get the right screw, but my last round out it started to come loose after using blue locktite. I took it apart today and put red locktite on it and if it doesn't stay then I will fix it the way I should have in the first place.<br />

Cut the trigger guard after the second screw. It only needs two anyhow. Then do the proper nut install. I'm gonna try it again with the red, but I'll be real surprised if I don't end up doing it the way I consider to be right.</p></blockquote>

Well thanks now at least I know what to do when I can't get it tight enough.

I'm kind of a perfectionist on my guns and its driving me crazy.

There were issues with my scorpion pistol grip as well.
Here is an image of the top of the pistol grip that shows the angle of the screw that attaches it to the receiver.

485356_10151482577236979_455181612_n.jpg

Here is an image of the trigger group moved forward.

544579_10151482577666979_325003934_n.jpg

The gunsmith suggested getting a new trigger guard with an angled piece of metal that will accept the screw from the pistol grip or get an adapter that fits in the rectangular hole in the receiver that will provide a piece of metal to bolt the pistol grip to. Has anyone used these two methods and are there other suggestions besides drilling an angled hole in the receiver?

Edit: Nevermind, CSS pointed me in the right direction - http://tinyurl.com/a7zpr2z

Edited by lZl Jody lZl