RWB magazines - Are they any good? If not , what are?

Hey guys,

I'm surfing the web, as I'm sure we all are, looking for some mags for my newly purchased Saiga AK which I will soon convert. I got into the game a little late and now I'm frantically looking to get some supplies for my gun. I know very little about AK mags and which ones are good and which are crap. From what I gather through research, Eastern block mags- Yugo, Romanian ones are great, Tapco is not. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm seeing. I'm looking on gunbroker now and there are 7 pages of mags for sale and honestly it's a little overwhelming to me. I don't mind paying the extra hype$ that are being asked now, but I want to get some good mags for it at least.

I see that RWB steel mags, 4 new are going for $79 or $119 buy now option on GB. I can only find one site that sells them otherwise, Tombstonetactical. They appear to be American made. I can't find any feedback on these and if anyone can help me out here I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks from a newbie to AK's,

Dan

For poly mags i like Palm 30 rounders or steel lined (fees lips) Bulgarian made mags. Im new to the Saiga too and haven't tried any metal mags yet but have a few Romanian ones coming via trade this week so ill grt back and let ya know how they work for me. Like others said, id get 1 or 2 of whatever kinds you can find/afford for now and eventually trade away the one's you don't like.

Yeah for sure, I know. Which ones are the most desireable though cash barred?

Russians, Yugo's, Bulgarians, Romanians, Chinese, East Germans. Pretty much any eastern block surplus steel mags are desireable. Polymer Russian and Bulgarian are very desireable. Bakelite Russian mags are up there too. Poly US made mags are last straw in my opinion.

Edited by Mullet Man

Mullet man (sweet name, you really have a mullet?) Is right but the US made Palm mags are top notch for poly mags of any origin IMO. they are $20 locally with the 40 round steel lined poly Bulgarian mags $15 locally just to give you an idea of what they should cost.

Mullet man (sweet name, you really have a mullet?) Is right but the US made Palm mags are top notch for poly mags of any origin IMO. they are $20 locally with the 40 round steel lined poly Bulgarian mags $15 locally just to give you an idea of what they should cost.

Of course. ;)

update... I received the RWB mags and they look good in person. They look well built and are new. I guess they are of Korean make and I bought mine from GB from a company who sell them, Tombstone Tactical. they seem to be good mags and the seller has had no returns or complaints, but guaranteed me a replacement if they did. I'll give a range report when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap I'd love to know where "locally" is as those prices are nice.