Trials and Tribulations of the MKA 1919 "XN" Model

I figured I should start a separate topic regarding my MKA , due to the fact it's a "XN" model (and therefore has a different drive block)

Finally Done!

mka1919008edited_zps9176f5a0.jpg

MKA 1919 'XN' model
Specs
Tooth and Nail:
Charger Hand Guard
Drive Block (Had to do quite a bit of hand fitting to get the 'XN' actuation arms to fit)
Salem 6:
M4 Stock Adapter
Spring
10 round Mag Kit
Firebird:
Big Button Mag Release
Hammer and Spring
Tromix:
Piston
Trigger, Disconnector and Spring
VLTOR:
A5 Mil-spec buffer tube (Shotgun specific model -extra heavy duty with watertight compartment accessible from the rear)
MagPul:
CTR Stock
"Shotgun" Butt-pad
AFG2
Troy:
Fixed HK style Front Sight
Fold-able Battesight Rear
Gear Sector:
Quick Disconnect Rail Sling Attachment

Drive Block Comparison (before and after hand fitting)

Stock on the left, Tooth and Nail improved version on the right.

mka1919013edited_zpsb37b93e5.jpg

Another view with actuation arm.

mka1919019edited_zps6704e036.jpg

After about 2 hours of 'careful' hand fitting. (Do not attempt if you are not mechanically inclined or have much gunsmithing experience. ( I work on several precision rifles and custom ARs every year and specialize in Springfield XD trigger work!)

mka1919022edited_zps7582d531.jpg

Thanks for the pics, hope our next ones that come in are the XN version.

Those arms look quite a bit wider. and the connector plate between the two is thicker.

Will the new "XN" version drive block fit the pre-"XN" guns or will there be two style blocks to choose from?

Thanks.

Bill

I hope the new version doesn't crack like the old one. Interesting that they just milled it father down so that the material that cracks is gone. I'm on my fourth drive block since August, I'm gonna try yours this time toothandnail. Snwbrdrcr putting the tana drive block on the new xn change the angle of the actuation arm into the upper reciever?

Edited by eod1
Thanks for the pics, hope our next ones that come in are the XN version.

Those arms look quite a bit wider. and the connector plate between the two is thicker.

Will the new "XN" version drive block fit the pre-"XN" guns or will there be two style blocks to choose from?

Thanks.

Bill

Looks like we may have to have two versions , but we will need to see the XN model first , to be sure

Thanks for the compliments, I styled it after my ARs I have built in the past. I'm a fan of customizable slick sided handguards like Troy Industries so I felt Tooth and Nails design fit the bill. A side charger option was definitely a must.

As for the stock, I utilized the surface between the lower and upper receiver so any downward angle of the stock was unintentional. I squared everything up when making the cut and cleaned it up by filing it and finishing it with a sanding block mounted in a vise.

We have an XN model on the way, we'll take some measurements, do the cad drawing, and run some on the CNC mill to see how they fit.

Should have a workable design by the end of next week. I doubt we can do a one size fits all, we'll have to see.

Hopefully we will have our anodizing line up and going before then, then be able to crank some out.