Tromix skeleton VS Warsaw Vs Nato

I have the DPH Arms skeletonized stock on my S12 (with folding mechanism), and the K-Var NATO on my VEPR12. I like the way the fixed stock feels, and shoulders, slightly more than the folder.

If it was an SBR, there would be no question though... TROMIX!

Edited by 7.62m43

I have the Tromix. I don't have it on the gun yet, but it seems to a quality piece. The limbsaver is fit up "ok" to the stock. I may freeze it and trim the uglies off with a razor blade before I bolt it on.

It's fairly light weight and very sturdy feeling. Those are 2 things that I was looking for.

Freeze it and put it on a sander or grinder. It will look much better than if you try to do it with a razor.

It's not that far out of whack. I think Tromix probably just go busy and let QC slide a little. If I take it to the grinder I will be into the plastic in a hurry. It just has some "boogers".

Considering that I know they had to shape it to fit their stock, I don't think it's bad at all. I'm just a snob when it comes to fit and finish of most things.

The tromix with the limb saver seems nice because it Would be easier on my shoulder, and I could lean it without it kicking out. The Warsaw and NATO stocks just look so beautifully simple, and sturdy. Not to mention inexpensive.

I'm not gonna lie, the Tromix *IS* expensive for what it is. However, I do like it and feel that it was worth what I paid. My S-12 is my "Cadillac" gun, it costs what it costs to get it the way I want it. I've got 3 .22lr guns if I want to play it cheap. ;)

Edited by Maxwelhse
I don't typically rip every stock out of its sealed plastic bag to inspect it. Maybe I should.

Tony

Not at all what I was trying to say, Tony. I am totally satisfied with the stock I purchased and am in fact recommending it to someone else. I *AM* a picky SOB when it comes to my toys though and will be happily tweaking away until it's exactly and precisely what I want. I don't expect your company or workers to invest 8 hours in fitting each and every butt pad the way *I* want mine and still be able to pay a reasonable price for it.

So, to reiterate, I would buy the Tromix stock.

Edited by Maxwelhse

You'll need an internal stock adapter and then a folding hinge if you want to go that way.

Forum members get discounts at MANY of the vendors listed in the vendor section. Just read through the links to see how you have to go about it. I have purchased from many of them and have had absolutely 0 complaints with any of them. I have only had a problem with 1 product was remedied quickly (AK rifle mag with a stuck follower, replacement was sent out the next day).. As you can see from Tony chiming in on this thread, the vendors here take their products and customers very seriously in the S12 community.

With Tony's response to your boogers on the butt pad, should tell you that besides a quality product you will receive outstanding support from the vendor. I would use the Tromix. Besides the cool factor you will still be wanting to send rounds down range when all ur buddies will be cryin to go home after you pass 200 rds. All because of the butt pad.

I agree... I punted the Tromix vs. others around in my head for a long time as well (it's a bit spendy) but then I just went for it. I know that LOTS of guys on here have LOTS of Tromix parts, seldom is there ever a complaint, and Tony is active in the shadows. That was enough to tip me over the edge. I also bought the Tromix FCG.

• 3 weeks later...

For most of my Saigas I chose the KVAR stocks (which I think are actually made by Arsenal).

I like em cause they have a handy place to store the cleaning kit, are lightweight, US-made part, and I can get em in either NATO or Warsaw LOP (I use NATO, the girl uses Warsaw for hers).

They are decent quality, however I find often that the cleaning kit wont go all the way in on the warsaw LOP stocks, so I have to do a bit of dremel milling and custom fitting.

Also with some work you can hook them up with hinge hardware (from either ACE, or... cant remember name of other company) and make your own side folder. I'm working on that for my 20 ga right now.

Well, it is no secret that I lean toward parts that, when assembled, make the weapon look as if it could have came from the factory that way. I always use either AK100 folders or KVar WARSAW length polymer stocks. Both feel like home to me and are very tough. They look like they belong on a Kalashnikov as well.

post-22401-0-92786500-1361191375_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-65466700-1361191433_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Kvar stocks are very nice. I personally have a DPH stock and am not huge about it. My vote goes for a Magpul stock even though it's not an option.

Which magpul stock?

I have the CTR on one of my S762's and a MOE on my AR. basically the same stock but the CTR eliminates any annoying wiggle and play in the stock for ~$35 more

• Like 1