I can't catch a break...First the BATF gives me a week long colonoscopy because they didn't know the difference between a semi and full auto rifle, then when that's finally over, I find out that my Colt 9mm AR has been "lost." I won it on Gunbroker.com and was having it shipped from Oklahoma. Turns Out that when UPS was looking for my FFL "Florida Gun Center" the driver determined that the address on the box was wrong (it wasnt) and he was confused because the name of the company on the box was "FGC." I'd kind of understand if he shipped it back to the sender's FFL but he actually delivered it to a random address and someone signed for it!!!!! I looked up the address on google Maps and its a private company/ warehouse. I opened the investigation this weekend but UPS told me that it got to them on the morning of the 24th (Yes, my gun is God knows where in Miami)! I opened an investigation with them immediately and they are in the middle of figuring out how the fxcked up and where it is. They are currently working with the shipper.

I kind of don't even want the gun anymore because I dont know where its been.

You're right, you can't catch a break! Time to start buying locally. mad.gif

I also agree that I wouldn't accept the firearm, but you have no way of knowing whether or not they would deliver a different gun! I would contact the seller and let them know what was up!

• Like 1

I contacted him and he told me that he'll keep me updated daily with news from them. And no he doesnt have another (it was a used gun from a private seller, not a company)

I think this is a sign that I need to slow down on the gun purchases (15th in 3 years) lol smh

Edited by King Cash

Jeezus man. What kind of fucktards does brown hire?

And while we're on the subject, what kind of shitbag gets a random rifle delivered that doesn't belong to anybody there and then keeps it.

I contacted him and he told me that he'll keep me updated daily with news from them. And no he doesnt have another (it was a used gun from a private seller, not a company)

I think this is a sign that I need to slow down on the gun purchases (15th in 3 years) lol smh

I believe you're taking the wrong message away from your experiences. CASH AND CARRY my good man... Don't buy it unless you walk away with it.

Keep buying guns, but maybe give the internet sales a rest. Armslist is a good thing.

Nothing quite as fun as a good road trip!

Once bought a 40 cubic foot subwoofer enclosure for my home theater from a guy 8 hours away. No complaints. It's badass. :) The truck that carried it home was purchased from 3 hours away.

Did you file a stolen firearm report with the Miami PD? UPS driver delivered it to the wrong address, but the "stealing" occurred when some d-bag signed for it and then didn't call UPS back when they opened the box to see it was a rifle. You can bet MIAMI police aren't going to take this bull-shit lightly, regardless of their stance on RKBA.

ups scum have been known to steal guns. ie drop it at the wrong adress and what do you know its somebody they know. they have done the same thing at the sorting facility. they make fake shipping tags and when they see something that looks like a gun box they put the tag over the one on the box. gun goes out the door and is delivered to the empty house on the corner they go there and pick up their new gun after work.

Don't scare me! I have a big UPS delivery tomorrow. It is basically my ammo budget for the year and then some. (progressive re-loader that I am pooling with friends on.)

I know a few UPS guys, and my cousin is one.

That said, this guy deserves to be nailed for dropping packages off at the wrong place. UPS and other companies are being paid to do a job they are not doing.

I live in a crappy apartment and nearly every signature required package I get sent ends up dropped on my doorstep, even when I am home and yell that I am coming to the door. One time I was starting to open the door as they knocked and dashed on a signature require package, The guy had knocked and dropped and sprinted down the pathway in the time it took me to swing the door open. They need to provide the service they are paid for. That includes shipping to the right place and making sure packages get to the right customer. Here at least none of the shipping companies make any effort to wait at all.

Same here. About fifty percent of the drivers drop and run. The other half drop and ring the doorbell once and run. Face to face, what's that? It's hard to believe they would leave a case of 45 ACP HP ammo sitting on the front porch but they do.

I have had them leave 5000 rounds ammo, an MP5 and a few other GUNS on my porch. All requiring a signature. I call up and ream their asses and for a while it's good but then same old crap a couple months later. Fortunately, I live in a rural gated neighborhood. On guns I go down to the local hub and pick them up myself.

I just had a UPS guy drop my 1000 rounds of 45 ACP at another house last week. He said he realized he put it at the wrong house, went and got it back from the house he dropped it at, and brought it back to me.

Of course it was opened, which pissed me off. Had to check every single box to make sure it was all there.

So some douche gets a package that is not addressed to them, super heavy, and just decides to open it? So now, whoever he delivered it to knows I have lots of bullets and a .45 caliber gun. Thanks for the free invasion of privacy, UPS.

• Like 1

The last few times I got ammo online, the delivery guy actually did get a signature. They knew exactly what they were delivering despite nondescript packaging. Probably a hazard code or something. A couple of them asked what I was shooting.

Have they found your AR yet?

Jeezus man. What kind of fucktards does brown hire?

And while we're on the subject, what kind of shitbag gets a random rifle delivered that doesn't belong to anybody there and then keeps it.

Obama...

Feinstein...

Me… haha.gif I'd actually be too skeered of guys with black suv's and tinted windows to keep it.

I do wish UPS would drop 1000 rounds of ammo at my porch though. Ammo??? What is this ammo thing you speak of?035.gif

When UPS ships ammo, it's marked "ORM-D" indicating it must be shipped ground. Sometimes it is marked "ORM-D - Cartridges for Small Arms" with a blue sticker.

I shipped some out here from CA. This is the wording they want. I was told you can even do it with a sharpie by UPS haz-mat personnel.

When UPS ships ammo, it's marked "ORM-D" indicating it must be shipped ground. Sometimes it is marked "ORM-D - Cartridges for Small Arms" with a blue sticker.

Not any more.

This is the new symbol for ammunition.

post-4831-0-30855100-1359500907.jpg

EDIT: The old labels are still allowed through the end of the year.

Edited by Darth Saigus

We have drive and droppers now, but we live in a very safe dead end area. Now our old driver was a gem!! He lived about a mile as the crow flies from us and was a gun lover himself! When I would get a new toy in, if I wasn't here to open it when it arrived, my wife would tell him to go ahead and open it, she knew he was dying to see what it was! LOL But that was back when UPS drivers were almost part of the family. (Our family, anyhow!)