I recently purchased a NIB saiga 20 that does not have the BHO lever option. Im planning to do a conversion and would like to add a factory BHO lever and spring.

I have access to a machine shop, so cutting a precision slot is no big deal.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before, has any advice, or if anyone has left out their bho lever and spring when doing a conversion and might be willing to trade/sell to me.

Thoughts? Thanks!

The following forum thread may be of slight interest to you (doesn't directly answer you questions though): http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/84634-pics-of-a-modified-bho/

I'm preparing to modify a Galil AR with a Saiga rifle manual BHO. It all seems to me to be pretty straight forward. . . but then again, I own a Saiga 5.45x39 rifle that has a BHO in it, so I've got a handy reference. Were that not the case, I know I'd be extremely hesitant to proceed.

Edited by Gary

The easy thing to do would be to just use the Krebs modified safety lever. It is more useful than the factory BHO, as it holds the bolt back far enough to clear the magazine. It is also easier to install. If you are insistent on installing a BHO, then I recommend installing an S12 BHO in your S20. It holds the bolt back a further 1/2 inch, and is a bit more useful.