Want to buy asap-Saiga 12 thread protector

I need a thread protector, extra choke for a Saiga 12. I've made a barrel tat device and failed to realize that the front part of the barrel is absent of threads-now I need to back track a little and come up with a decent way to cut down the front section. Doesn't need anything special or specific as it's going to be chucked up in a lathe-willing to pay fair market value, but would like to have soon. Starting to become OCD.

Thanks if you have something to part with or a lead I can follow up on.

Mark

Either one, finished my 1st Saiga 12 project including threading the barrel after it was cut down. I didn't catch it with the long s12 hider, but with the choke I can see a gap around 10/32"+/- where it's not all the way down. After seeing the post in the Saiga 12 forum I noticed that the front of the barrel looks to have an unthreaded step at the front. I want the cap or choke to cut off to protect the threads that need to remain intact when I cut the front threads out to make the step. I'm trying to put a barrel t.a.t. kit together that we can pass around, for those who want OEM threads back on their cut downs without sending off to a machine shop. First problem would be if you had excessive barrel wall thickness variation, the second now appears to be this step. The thread protector sleeve will be an easy fabrication, then I have to find a hand tool that can cut the step down.

Edit-no longer needed. Ace got me hooked up :super:

Edited by 6500rpm
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.