1-4x illuminated scope for x39

Me again. Still relatively new here but i was wanting some opinions on which 1-4x illuminated scope would work well with the Midwest industry low pro mount. I want it to have true 1x (ive read true 1x gets you the best of both worlds between a red dot and a variable power scope). The lighter the weight the better but id like to keep the price below 600$ as im planning on a vortex for my 308. Lets just say im trying to figure out how much im going to be shelling out for decent enough glass before the tax return lol

Thanks again for all your help guys.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LuPiN8oR" data-cid="856597" data-time="1359584310"><p>

I read you cant see the illumination in the daytime w the cmr, kinda defeats the purpose..</p></blockquote>

Yes u can.. I owned one and shot outside inside and in the rain with my ar... people dont know wgat there talking about goto swfa com for a good deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I save my nickes & dimes (literally a change jar!) Long enough I'm upgrading the 1X Leupold Prismatic on my 762 to a Leupold 1x-3x Leupold CQT. I would love a compact variable powered illuminated sight and that fits the mark perfectly but is $1000.... sell my Prismatic for $400 and save $600 in change.

Vortex all the way. They are awesome. I've seen through a few not fired with any though. I researched for months and settled on the vortex but I havent had an extra 500 bucks everytine I do I just would rather have another gun. So I ended up with a UTG accuscope 1-4x long eye relief it's pretty good for the money. It's got a 30mm tube comes with Quick detach rings and i got the model with the circle and dot reticule. I'm very happy with it. I tried out the quick detach feature I fired 3 round prone at 45 yards. Took the scope off and put it back on fired three more and all six rounds were one clover leaf hole. This was from my saiga .308. I'm really happy with it. It cost me 120 bucks and just a side note the accuscopes are a newer and better line than UTG used to put out. I can link to some photos of mine on my .300 black out ar pistol of you would like?

Yeah im workin up the fundage for a vortex1-4 on my x39 and a vortex 2.5-10 for my 308. Wifey would shit if i got another gun (i guess some women think 5 is enough lol). Hopefully that will be adequate glass for what i need/want

• 4 weeks later...
I suppose between the leatherwood and the vortex 1-4 which has the better daylight illumination? For a x39 version of the leatherwood the price difference is pretty negligible.

Are you talking about the natural illumination of the reticle or the battery powered illumination? Natural illumination is going to be better with a bigger objective lens. I don't know why you would waste batteries for artificial illumination during the day.

Well, i got the vortex 1-4 and i have to admit it thus far seems like its worth every penny. I have it on a midwest mount and am using 1 1/4 in rings bc thats all i could find locally. Ill be getting a lower set if rings but it seems like i cant get it too much lower due to the back of the scope eyepiece being so large. I wanted daylight bright illumination for aiming at darker colored targets and not losing the reticle etc, and although not truly daylight bright you can see a hair of illumination on the dot so it works pretty well for my intentions. Overall i think its definitely worth it and am now saving up the scratch for a 2.5-10 for the 308.

post-46523-0-98141400-1367190600_thumb.jpg