Mako GL shock/ hydrographic printing

Anyone use this? Thinking about getting this for mine. While I like the Magpul and other stocks, I think this would make the gun even funner and more individualistic....

While I'm at it, anyone try hydrographic printing? You know, the water dip stuff?

I'm really looking into that.

I bought and returned the GL stock, it seemed flimsy to me -- the buffer tube was totally plastic. Did not seem tough enuf (my impression only, have not read of any failures).

On the hydrographic printing, I know you can buy DIY kits but the chances of getting things perfect are hard and it costs a pretty penny to have things sent out and done -- but that's just me; the penny pincher...

I'm a bit of a penny pincher myself... Thats why I was looking at DIY..

As far as the stock, It's not so much the recoil, but it claims it reduces muzzle rise, that equals more shots on target faster. The one I was looking at is different than the S12 version. The spring is in the buttstock itself not the buffer tube like the saiga versions. Kinda like a knoxx/blackhawk deal.. You actually use your aluminium commercial or milspec buffer tube with it.

There's a company near us that charges us about $150 to have a complete gun done in hydrographic film. Mine is done in snow camo, it contrasts nicely with black accessories. I'm sure if you hunt around your area you can find a company that does this.

There's a company near us that charges us about $150 to have a complete gun done in hydrographic film. Mine is done in snow camo, it contrasts nicely with black accessories. I'm sure if you hunt around your area you can find a company that does this.

Not on an island in Alaska... If I have someone else do it, it gets mailed off...

I went with the enidine shot shock for the wife's shotty.

I was looking into a enidine buffer tube but i heard a few people with S12's that had a enidine tube were having cycling issues. so i was hoping someone else would be the guinea pig and put one on a mka then give us a review...

I went with the enidine shot shock for the wife's shotty.

I was looking into a enidine buffer tube but i heard a few people with S12's that had a enidine tube were having cycling issues. so i was hoping someone else would be the guinea pig and put one on a mka then give us a review...

My thoughts exactly. I'm concerned that a MKA 1919 and Enidine Buffer combination would require hotter loads to cycle reliably. If so, that would negate any benefit.

So If someone has or had one on a MKA 1919, please share your experience.

Bill

After viewing the Endine thread on the Saiga forum, I cancelled my order for the Endine tube. For me, the fit is unacceptable, but then I machine parts with tolerances of +/-.0001 so this would bug me to no end. I found a Mako GL Shock (stock only) in flat dark earth, and based on user reviews on other forums I ordered that. I probably don't really need it, but if my wife shoots my MKA I don't want her to be scared of shooting it and maybe even want one of her own.

Milspec. I'm planning on using the Vltor tube if I can find one.

I have the Mako GL Shock on an AK. I had a Milspec tube and it was loose. Got a commercial tube and it fits nice and snug with no rattles. The GL is listed for use with both tubes, but obviously it has to be larger in diameter than a Milspec tube to work on a Commercial tube.

Interesting. Here's one of the threads I found regarding fit:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_19/524188_Mako_GL_Shock___Does_it_Fit__.html

Seems some manufacturers don't stick to specs. Vltor appears gtg according to Mako, but I'll find out once I actually get my hands on both.

Funny, I just read it and it says DPMS Milspec tubes are a perfect fit. It was a DPMS Milspec that fit loose for me. I bought a Tapco Intrafuse Commercial Tube, which is a nicely made tube and it fits that perfectly. Adjusts like butter. I love the stock , but as mentioned it is really heavy....

Silly question ... why not just fill a buffer tube with lead or concrete to add weight. heck even sand would work

I've added lead to the buttstock of several sporting clays guns. In my case, the guns were plenty heavy already and it was to change the balance to make the guns a little more butt heavy. These are wooden stock Brownings.

Adding weight to the MKA 1919 will help with recoil. Where you add that weight may adversely affect the balance, but that goes to personal preference. Adding weight inside an aluminum buffer tube may cause problems with the tube itself. I've never tore one up, but I just do not know how strong the threads on that tube really are.

I have my MKA 1919 running reliably with Remington Gun Club 1200 fps / 1-1/8 oz loads and the recoil is not all that bad. The lighter 1145 fps / 1-1/8 oz loads will run about 80% of the time and those are very low recoil. Winchester, Federal and Estate shells have so far come up short.

Add the weight for a 15 rd magazine, the gun is beginning to get a little heavier than I think most would want for 3-gun. And I'm not sure I would see much benefit from recoil reduction systems or the addition of unnecessary weight with the lighter loads.

Bill

I was more concerned with muzzle rise. Their ads claim it reduces muzzle rise. I have read a few of the "tactical chokes" do nothing for muzzle rise.

I am also thinking about a slight downward angle on the stock. The adapter should be on my doorstep by the time I get home. I have already cut my stock to .72 to give me some working room on fitment.

As far as the (mako) fitment on com or milspec, my research shows that it has two tabs on the inside bottom half of the tube so it will give it friction on milspec tubes.. Still think I might get it.

That and hydrodip the whole thing in Kryptek Typhon or Raid. I will probably send it out. Not looking too good on the DIY kits...

I am also thinking about a slight downward angle on the stock.

A downward angle on your stock will force your recoil point substantially lower than bore center, the end result will be increased muzzle rise. The closer your stock is to bore center the flatter your muzzle rise will be.

I am also thinking about a slight downward angle on the stock.

A downward angle on your stock will force your recoil point substantially lower than bore center, the end result will be increased muzzle rise. The closer your stock is to bore center the flatter your muzzle rise will be.

Other than it would look rather stupid, has anyone raised the angle to see how much benefit can be derived?

If its helps enough, I bet the 3-gunners would jump on it, stupid be da****.

Bill