Mako GL shock/ hydrographic printing

I am also thinking about a slight downward angle on the stock.

A downward angle on your stock will force your recoil point substantially lower than bore center, the end result will be increased muzzle rise. The closer your stock is to bore center the flatter your muzzle rise will be.

Other than it would look rather stupid, has anyone raised the angle to see how much benefit can be derived?

If its helps enough, I bet the 3-gunners would jump on it, stupid be da****.

Bill

Running it uphill would trash your cheek weld and sight plane.

Jim

Hmm... Good points. I got it installed today pretty straight on. Needs some minor fitting to look better though.

I was in the mindset that the downward angle would give a better shoulder and cheek weld while also lowering your sightplane... Maybe I will shim it a few different ways to see how it feels.

Let me know how that works out... I just cut the stock and am waiting on the adapter. That and more money...

You gonna be using a commercial or milspec tube?

The Mako arrived today, but after looking it over I won't be able to use it and retain the recoil-reducing feature, so a Magpul CTR and enhanced buttpad are on order.

In California, semi-automatic shotguns cannot have BOTH a collapsable stock and a pistol grip. I was hoping I could find a way to pin it, but it would just make it a solid butt stock, so that idea is dead.

The Mako itself is a pretty solid unit, slightly heavy, but doesn't seem like it would be unmanagable. The weight could only add to dampen the shock.

Making it permanent with a pin pressed through the stock & tube would realistically be the only safe way to stay on the legal side. Disabling the adjust lever to create a fixed butt stock may or may not fly, depending on what leo decides to check out your weapon.

The Mako arrived today, but after looking it over I won't be able to use it and retain the recoil-reducing feature, so a Magpul CTR and enhanced buttpad are on order.

In California, semi-automatic shotguns cannot have BOTH a collapsable stock and a pistol grip. I was hoping I could find a way to pin it, but it would just make it a solid butt stock, so that idea is dead.

uh, im about 99% sure you can have a callapsable stock and pistol grip as long as you have a bullet button... if not i think i will take my chances ph34r.png

as far as the magpul enhanced buttpad gos, i dont really see a benafit with it on mine. its still pretty dam hard, better off going with a limb saver if your looking for a little softer hit on your shoulder.

Edited by Haycock

uh, im about 99% sure you can have a callapsable stock and pistol grip as long as you have a bullet button... i see the mossburgs for sale all over the place with a pistol grip and callapsable stock.

as far as the magpul enhanced buttpad gos, i dont really see a benafit with it on mine. its still pretty dam hard, better off going with a limb saver if your looking for a little softer hit on your shoulder.

Its a semi-auto configuration restriction:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

I'm not too familiar with Mossbergs, Benellis, etc... but in all of the pictures I see of them with collapsible stocks and pistol grips, they are pump action.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cad_man" data-cid="859880" data-time="1360117354"><p>

Making it permanent with a pin pressed through the stock & tube would realistically be the only safe way to stay on the legal side. Disabling the adjust lever to create a fixed butt stock may or may not fly, depending on what leo decides to check out your weapon.</p></blockquote>

Lame...