Russian "k" magwell

Hello does any body know where to get a russian magwell?

The one on my shotgun has been broken and I cannot use it?

Also I bought a Saiga Tactical Shotgun IZ-433 which has a magwell with it is there any way to convert the gun so that standard magazine (IE Pro Mag etc) can be used in the gun?

Thanks in advance

You can remove the mag well and use normal mags. It is interchangeable with plastic and metal Molot magwells which sometimes pop up on I've seen German and Italian sites selling all 3 choices, but I don't think those ship here. Maybe try Wolf arms, the importer, or Rusmilitary.

Here is a discussion of the various magwells that was written before the SGM mags were available for your gun and the veprs.

Magwells -

You might be able to use a technique like this to repair the one you have. If you need filler, the stock you took off when you converted is a good source of donor material. fiberglass can be worked in for strength too. Be sure to clean well with alcohol.

Sorry, I meant to link a better video, but I cannot find it.

It worked on the back lug of an IZZY 5 for me. Good as new as far as I can tell. I even made the lug a hair wider for more strength. Just keep it clean, keep the heat low and massage it in to make sure there is a good bond and fusion. If you get in a hurry it won't fuse and it will flake off.

I use the spatula shaped cutting tip, and it worked very well. I also changed the shape of the back of my modified SGM mags so that they contact more of the JTE magwell instead of just the bottom edge at the back.That required building up about a 2" patch a sixteenth or so then filing down until it fit perfectly on each mag. rub marks are now completely evenly distributed. Better than new!

The izzy mags are glass filled nylon (FRN). I am fairly certain that SGM is the same. Ditto AGP. Promag and Tapco might be ABS, but I haven't looked closely enough to be sure. MD uses a plastic welder to repair MD20s for warranty, so you know it isn't shoddy. He has a proper machine for the job though.

The FRN stock you removed makes a good donor for plastic. It helps to pre-heat your donor material and weld area with a heat gun.

Edited by GunFun
You can't remove the mag well and use normal mags. It is interchangeable with plastic and metal Molot magwells which sometimes pop up on I've seen German and Italian sites selling all 3 choices, but I don't think those ship here. Maybe try Wolf arms, the importer, or Rusmilitary.

Here is a discussion of the various magwells that was written before the SGM mags were available for your gun and the veprs.

Magwells -

You might be able to use a technique like this to repair the one you have. If you need filler, the stock you took off when you converted is a good source of donor material. fiberglass can be worked in for strength too. Be sure to clean well with alcohol.

Sorry, I meant to link a better video, but I cannot find it.

He has a IZ-433 thats the Russian magwell. If you remove it the cut in the front of the magwell opening is to large to use rock and lock mags again. The only way is to make an adapter plate that would bolt to the bottom of the receiver and fill that gap in.