tac47 discount code

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

whats the story on the tac47 autoplug ...

any pros and cons with it ....???

It's a fantastic product when implemented properly. It does have a couple of downfalls, but it works very well for what it is. Use google to search the Saiga 12 Forum. There is all the info you could want already on the forum. Read up! big_smile.gif

what are these downfalls that you mentioned ....???

Others may chime in to add to this...

#1. The plug is not designed to handle the amount of gas from a 3" shell. The piston-vent stroke is not long enough with adequate venting to allow for this. This can be fixed by turning the plug body all the way into the gas block and mark the very bottom of the interior face of the plug facing the gas ports. Then grind just enough off that area to allow the gun to run most 3" shells. This emulates the "1" gas setting of the factory plug and allows use of high powered shells. ***credit - forum member, GunFun. ***

#2. The Auto Plug does nothing to add gas to the gun. Only Install it after the gun runs really well without it. When installing, be sure to wrap the main plug threads with several wraps of Teflon tape to combat blow-by and fouling of the threads. Also, be sure to degrease the threads and put temporary Loctite on the adjustment screw at the proper setting. That way the screw doesn't work itself loose.

#3. In some cases, the Auto Plug (with certain gas pucs) can add just enough length to the innards of the gas system to cause the bolt carrier to not rest against the front trunnion causing undue stress to the carrier (a known weak point). Worst case of this can cause the bolt not to be able to lock and fire out of battery. This can be fixed by taking a small amount off the puc face or plug face.

All that said, I love my Auto Plug. It has the potential to be the most versatile and simple-to-use plug currently available. The Auto Plug is an outstanding addition to a well-running S12 if set up properly.

Good reply NEP!

I wanna try to the autoplug honestly. I ran 3" turkey magnums through mine (Not suggested with the autoplug.. I dont think they are really designed for 3" magnums.).. but i shot it twice, handed it off to my buddy he shot twice.. we both said OWWW and now we both have a nice bruise!! LOL

Thanks Travistp!

Wanted to make sure all of those were in one place for future searches by others. Also, be sure and order an extra spring if you like to have spare parts. (have never heard of a spring wearing out in an Auto plug, but for $6...) I requested it and they added it to the website. Problem is, I will not be paying $9 to ship a $6 spring... Best to get it when you get the plug.

Wish they would offer envelope shipping for small parts. Hint, hint, Tac47...

Edited by Nephilim7
  • 2 months later...

what are these downfalls that you mentioned ....???

Others may chime in to add to this...

#1. The plug is not designed to handle the amount of gas from a 3" shell. The piston-vent stroke is not long enough with adequate venting to allow for this. This can be fixed by turning the plug body all the way into the gas block and mark the very bottom of the interior face of the plug facing the gas ports. Then grind just enough off that area to allow the gun to run most 3" shells. This emulates the "1" gas setting of the factory plug and allows use of high powered shells. ***credit - forum member, GunFun. ***

#2. The Auto Plug does nothing to add gas to the gun. Only Install it after the gun runs really well without it. When installing, be sure to wrap the main plug threads with several wraps of Teflon tape to combat blow-by and fouling of the threads. Also, be sure to degrease the threads and put temporary Loctite on the adjustment screw at the proper setting. That way the screw doesn't work itself loose.

#3. In some cases, the Auto Plug (with certain gas pucs) can add just enough length to the innards of the gas system to cause the bolt carrier to not rest against the front trunnion causing undue stress to the carrier (a known weak point). Worst case of this can cause the bolt not to be able to lock and fire out of battery. This can be fixed by taking a small amount off the puc face or plug face.

All that said, I love my Auto Plug. It has the potential to be the most versatile and simple-to-use plug currently available. The Auto Plug is an outstanding addition to a well-running S12 if set up properly.

#3- An easier solution is to turn it out one more revolution.

#1- I just tried to do a video and forgot the camera battery. It does work though.