What to do with the BHO lever on my gun?

There is info on this here somewhere, try searching google. What I did was lock the bolt open, made a scratch on the BHO at the receiver, then I could tell how much was able to be removed and smoothed.(I didn't remove much)

Can't a guy just simply delete it all together? If so, do I need to put something in it's place though? I mean, it's not like it's a LRHO option. I thought I heard that it made it more difficult to insert mags as well, maybe that was the mags themselves though that had the BHO notching. I'm so confused shocked.gif

Can't a guy just simply delete it all together? If so, do I need to put something in it's place though? I mean, it's not like it's a LRHO option. I thought I heard that it made it more difficult to insert mags as well, maybe that was the mags themselves though that had the BHO notching. I'm so confused shocked.gif

Yes, you can NOT use it. MANY converter's choose to ditch it (myself included). I'm a fan of "simple" and that piece simply does not belong in there. It only serves as a "chamber view" function, because as stated, it does NOT function as a LRBHO. It was added to satisfy importation regulations and is not part of the AK's design.

It is EXTREMELY easy to ditch that. Either 1) use an UNMODDIFIED G2 FCG, or 2) use a washer to take the place of the BHO when using Saiga specific hammers.

Yes, you can NOT use it. MANY converter's choose to ditch it (myself included). I'm a fan of "simple" and that piece simply does not belong in there. It only serves as a "chamber view" function, because as stated, it does NOT function as a LRBHO. It was added to satisfy importation regulations and is not part of the AK's design.

It is EXTREMELY easy to ditch that. Either 1) use an UNMODDIFIED G2 FCG, or 2) use a washer to take the place of the BHO when using Saiga specific hammers.

Hey Brian, I am using a modified g2 and did not reinstall the BHO. Did this about a year ago, no problems with my rifle. What am I missing about the washer thing? Thanks!

Hey Brian, I am using a modified g2 and did not reinstall the BHO. Did this about a year ago, no problems with my rifle. What am I missing about the washer thing? Thanks!

The factory hammer is clearanced on the BHO side, so the BHO will fit in between it and the receiver. Standard Tapco G2 hammers are not clearanced for the BHO. Tromix modified G2's are clearanced. Some people think that you need to install a washer in place of the BHO (when discarding the BHO lever) if you are using a clearanced hammer. I have gone hundreds of rounds in each of my S12 and 7.62x39 Saigas, both with clearanced hammers (done DIY) and have had no issues with the hammer walking the axis pin and not being caught by the disconnector or trigger.

Don't sweat it, i say.