So I am wondering if ammo will ever go back to normal and be stocked up again. I doubt any ban will happen so i hope everyone realizes this and calms down with the panic buying. it has caused every shop in town to put a limit on boxes you can buy. its really not worth the trip to town unless im gettin at least 200 rounds.

Well its too early to tell whats going to happen with the ban talk. Its all speculation at the moment. I expect things to stay this way for the rest of the year, before calming down some. Even then, I dont think it will go back to what we were paying 6 months ago. The bad thing about all this panic buying is that the people are showing what they are willing to pay for certain items.

I feel the ammo is going to take the hardest hit.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 1

Yeah it'd be nice to tell everyone on command to stop buying shit for two weeks...an all out halt to the panic buying. Get this:I walked into a gun store today looking for 10 round mags (they had none) but were selling tapco 30 rounders for the low low price of 75$!!! Thanl god tthey have never lifted a penny from me.

Thank*

I feel its a lot of different issues combined. I feel its a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. I love the message its sending to law makers and anti-gunners, but I hate the prices and stock status we are enduring.

• Like 1

It's weird the only thing that's really hard to find where I live are AK and AR rifles and anything for AR's. Still plenty of 7.62 ammo and about 10 different kinds AK mags from $15-$30. My favorites are the Palm mags for $20. I've even been hearing that 22lr is hard to find some places. I can get brick upon brick still. The AK drum mags are ridiculous tho at $259 otherwise id snag one if they were $100 like they should be.

Every gun store in my home town is either completely out or almost out of .22 ammo. forget about 5.56, 7.62 or 9mm. I hit 7 stores today and found only ONE box of wolf hp's. It was 5 bucks but I figure I blew at least twice that driving around.

That really sucks. I shouldn't say 223/556 is extinct here but it's the hardest to find. I picked up 6 100 round value packs of 223 for $31/box and 13 20 round boxes of American Eagle tippes varmint gor $10/box at wal mart on Friday then today i bought the last 6 boxes of Federal Tactical Tracer 556 at Gander for $13/box. I was really surprised to see the tracer rounds locally and happy to grab em. I've been posting trade deals on 4 different forums trading ny 40, 45 and 9mm for 223/556 ammo and have gotten alot from trading. Quite a few p mags too. It's nice knowing 6 friends that work at the Federal ammo plant :). (I have a couple of cases of 40 & 45 HP for cheap)

south east FL is wiped clean, dip down into Mijami and the remaining gear that is left is so way off in price you just have to wonder WTF, at this point all my firearms have been nicely cleaned and put away and I will do my best to just forget about it until next fall.I guess the fishing poles and the dive gear are coming out of hibernation for now, ALL shooting sports postponed until I see the prices drop a bit, if i have to pay a 1dollar a round for ammo I guess it will only come out for SHTF climate and that will go with all the guns I own.wont be able to go and play like a few months ago. if the ammo starts holding a buck a round, hopefully 22lr will return and I can at least plink w/ that,other wise my kids air soft will be the only thing i will be able to afford to shoot and the shooting sports a thing of the past, god that thought depresses meunhappy.gif

It will get better, but it will take a while. People have to believe there will be no ban, and realize they have enough in stock to last them until the next shipment arrives and then some. Thats going to be figured out in the next year, hopefully.

For me, i buy steel. I dont like reloading, and i love golden tiger. I stocked up a supply for 6 months use. I will keep that as a reserve, and if i dont see things get much better in 3 months, i double my stock. Sorry, its not panic buying, but i want to be able to train.

I purchased today, almost doubling my supply, so i can start burning training ammo, but i wont lose my minimum 6 month supply, i need to know the supply is running and i wont lose it to others at the counter before me, before i lose my backup stock.

Anyway, there will come a point when people think they have enough. Hopefully that is soon.

Good point about good and bad with this recent panic. I still believe it will all shake out and things will normalize in 6 mos or so, as long as there is not another event.
It's only the beginning my friend.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_RX3b5IRfw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It will get better, but it will take a while. People have to believe there will be no ban, and realize they have enough in stock to last them until the next shipment arrives and then some. Thats going to be figured out in the next year, hopefully.

For me, i buy steel. I dont like reloading, and i love golden tiger. I stocked up a supply for 6 months use. I will keep that as a reserve, and if i dont see things get much better in 3 months, i double my stock. Sorry, its not panic buying, but i want to be able to train.

I purchased today, almost doubling my supply, so i can start burning training ammo, but i wont lose my minimum 6 month supply, i need to know the supply is running and i wont lose it to others at the counter before me, before i lose my backup stock.

Anyway, there will come a point when people think they have enough. Hopefully that is soon.

Train well my friends. You may soon be called upon for your skills

Lets hope not!

The world may also end soon..... About the same probability.

Always appreciated the 7.62x39 because if it was not accessbile, it was at least inexpensive when I could find it.

Bass Pro has never been helpful. Cabelas, yes.

After the Newton event boxes of Herter's HP instantly went up $3. Up to $5 more now. Last weekend 7.62x39 and some .556 were the only stuff they had some small piles of. Everything else, ZIP. I bought my 10 box limit.