Gas plug US PART?

Tony Rumore of Tromix rocks!

I need one of these! :super:

And a US gas piston for an S-12. I'd buy the shiiittt outta those. Is Tony not doing parts. I remember his e-mail back in the day about being done in the Saiga world.......

continued

post-1520-1132083884_thumb.jpg

post-1520-1132083907_thumb.jpg

post-1520-1132083924_thumb.jpg

post-1520-1132083978_thumb.jpg

post-1520-1132083992_thumb.jpg

post-1520-1132084036_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Done in the Saiga world? Hell, I'm just getting started...............

I have built a lot of other shit in the past, so I am a bit new in the Saiga market, but I am making up for it quick. Here is a run down of miscellaneous stuff that I have made in the past.

Tromix TR-15 rifles - 300ea chambered in 50AE, 475 Tremor, 440 Corbon, 458 SOCOM, 44 AutoMag, 44 Rem Mag, 17 Mach IV, 17 Rem, 17 Tactical, 20 Tactical, 204 Ruger, .223, 6x45, 6PPC, 30/221, 338x39.

Piles of uppers in the above calibers.

AK-47 2ea chambered in .458 SOCOM

Mini 14 1ea chambered in .458 SOCOM

M1 Carbine 2ea, one in 10mm Mag, one in .502 Thunder Sabre

M60 - 2ea

Beretta 12S 1ea

Sten 2ea

RPD 1ea

M16 4ea

Siamese M16, Twin Barrel

AR-15 Muzzle Loader

AK47 1ea

AK74 Krink 1ea

UZI 1ea

Tromix 50BMG rifle 1ea

Tromix design AK47 Drop in Auto Sear 3ea

Various AR DIAS.

SMB Suppressors 2ea

Valmet Rifle Magazines 2000ea

Saiga's - about 25ea 12" shorties

About 10ea Title 1 conversions

Gas pistons

Trigger Guards

Flash Hiders

Galil cocking handles

HK sight instalations

Picatinny rails

Short carrier extensions

Short gas tubes

Gas regulator extensions

..................and there will be much more to come, trust me.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Edited by TonyRumore

Oh good!

I was worried. :unsure:

For those that bought the dozen 12" barreled Tromix guns, they will be delivered as promised as soon as the Form 3's clear the ATF, so don't freak out. I am still here, just finishing up the last remaining orders. I've made some wild stuff over the years but it's time to move on. I'm burned out....................

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

That was the last I had seen from you. I was at school since early Apr. Wasn't on the site much for the last 6 months.

So Tony have you actually communicated with ATF about the S-12 gas piston vs carrier extension deal? I replaced the part that's called a gas piston in AKs to stay in compliance with my foreign furniture and threaded bbl. if what you said about that is true then I'm still not in compliance unless I replace one more part. How much are those "gas pistons" like the one pictured above.

No, I have not asked the ATF for a clarification on the gas piston versus the carrier extension.

It does not matter either way to me since I change enough parts to U.S. that I don't need to change one of these.

Technically speaking though, a piston is not a "GAS" piston unless it's under direct gas pressure impingment. The carrier extension see's no direct gas impingment, thus it is merely a piston, not a "gas" piston.

You can have all sorts of pistons, mechanical, hydraulic, knumatic, etc, but each see's direct impingment from some other form of energy. In the case of the Saiga, that energy is gas from the barrel.

My guess is that the ATF never disassembled the Saiga, so they were probably unaware that there was a seperate gas piston in the cylinder and just assumed the carrier extension has hit with direct gas impingment like any other AK.

Of courese the ATF could rule either way, that's why I don't rely on that particular part as one in my U.S. "count".

Tony, I'm interested in sighting options on the Saiga. Could you give more info on the HK work you mention above.

Do any rails on the top of the saiga?

Think it would be hard to mount a Doctor out front?

Normally I'd just PM you these questions, but others might be interested?

On the HK site installation, there is a 1/4" wide notch cut across the back of the top cover and a bar welded in place from the bottom. The bar retains the rear site and has a 10-32 screw that holds the hub onto the bar. It is adjustable for windage by loosening the screw and sliding the hub back and forth on the bar. I shoot the sights in with a laser when they are mounted, so I really doubt you would ever need any windage adjustment anyway. The hub can also be raised and lowered for elevation, but does require and HK adjustment tool. The front sight is mounted by cutting the G3 triple tree frame in half, expanding the bottom hoop to 1.00" and then TiG welding it to the gas cylinder.

I have never played with putting a picatinny rail on the top. I have only had one customer request for that in the past.

Cobra - The gas pistons are $20 shipped.