The major concern is cutting the tang or deciding to keep it on. Once it's removed you limit yourself in a way, but also open yourself up to many different options. I'd do more research and decide what kind of stock you want and go from there. Installation will be different depending on what you pick.

I personally am looking at a Bonesteel Arms folding stock. Since it keeps the tang intact installation should be a breeze. Keeping the tang also allows you the option of replacing the folder with a solid stock later on.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 1
The major concern is cutting the tang or deciding to keep it on. Once it's removed you limit yourself in a way, but also open yourself up to many different options. I'd do more research and decide what kind of stock you want and go from there. Installation will be different depending on what you pick.

I personally am looking at a Bonesteel Arms folding stock. Since it keeps the tang intact installation should be a breeze. Keeping the tang also allows you the option of replacing the folder with a solid stock later on.

+1

Check out this link to a directly related thread:

Bonesteel Arms folding stock for Saiga 12 - First Impressions

I have also seen an external receiver block that can be used to attach a folding hinge and a stock. But I personally would opt for the Bonesteel "one piece" unit that attaches directly to the tang instead of a stock that attaches to the folding hinge that attaches to the receiver block that attaches to the tang. With only two screws there is little chance of anything coming loose and it looks "cleaner".

Do you understand that you can purchase a AK/Saiga folding stock hinge for "modular" stocks through Bonesteel Arms and pretty much attach anything you want? There's also an AR-15 version. All that you've told us is that you want the tang on.

Well, what kind of stock "look" do you want?

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
Dam need some more companies to come out wit other options I can't b the only one who wants to keep the tang on

Just to play devil's advocate... You realize the gun you are using for your avatar does NOT have the tang, right?

Personally, I want my folding guns as short as possible when folded. Keeping the tang automatically adds the length of said tang. I've only debated keeping it for 1-2 minutes. The gun was never supposed to have it!

Plus... it's metal. It can always go back on later if you really really want it back. Cut it off and store it away for later if you think you might change your mind. It would seem that in the Saiga world, the more tacticool it is (if done with quality parts), the higher the value. Originality means almost nothing to our crowd.