That's beyond fucked up... rest in peace, warrior.

PTSD therapy through shooting seems questionable at best, though. Didn't they have this guy examined by a psych, first, to determine that this sorta thing wouldn't do more harm than good? Either way, looks like some serious mistakes were made... Helluva tragedy.

That's beyond fucked up... rest in peace, warrior.

PTSD therapy through shooting seems questionable at best, though. Didn't they have this guy examined by a psych, first, to determine that this sorta thing wouldn't do more harm than good? Either way, looks like some serious mistakes were made... Helluva tragedy.

Truly a sad situation.

To be honest the first thing that crossed my mind about this is that it may have been done for the notoriety of killing the greatest sniper ever. Perhaps I'm being cynical from all the years I've worked with murderers. I don't know.

R.I.P. Chris. I was reading one of the links Yakdung posted (thanks for posting) and read and watched a video of Chris on a filmed radio show. Jesse Ventura is a real piece of shit! Ventura showed up at a Seal bar that Chris was at, that was right after a wake they held for one of their fellow Seals that was KIA, and Ventura said to Chris that "Yous deserved to lose a few". It was then that Chris hit Ventura in the face and knocked Ventura on his stupid ass! The fallen Seal they were honorings family was there. Ventura is damn lucky he's still able to walk and eat. Lowlife piece of shit.

May God bless you, Chris.

I just found out about this and I am at a Loss for words. Not only was he THE best Sniper, But a Man that after his duty was done, returned home to help other fellow soldiers with PTSD, God Bless you Chris, You served your Country With Honor and Valor and will NEVER Be forgotten, Rest In Peace My Brother.

• Like 1
He should be a household name in America, not the winner of "American Idol".

This

+2

Honor belongs to those who put themselve between us and the enemy, and treat it like "just another day at the office".

BTW - it's PEACE as in "with solice"...or "without aggression"....

Not Piece, as in; "part of the whole".... or, "I just got a Piece".

De Oppresso Liber

With much saddness,

Macbeau sends...

Edited by macbeau
What the Hell!! Killed by a Marine who he was trying to help! What a damn shame!

Go in peace Brother.

I have done this very thing over the ppast 10 years with guys coming back, I never considered such a thing happening.

I thought this was one of the coolest episodes of Sons of guns. This is where Flem coin checks Chris then gives him his coin. Very cool. R.I.P Seemed like a truely nice guy. I know a retired Marine that will from time to time give up his coin if he really likes someone. It is a special thing when he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lt-1FmtkFk

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 2
I thought this was one of the coolest episodes of Sons of guns. This is where Flem coin checks Chris then gives him his coin. Very cool. R.I.P Seemed like a truely nice guy. I know a retired Marine that will from time to time give up his coin if he really likes someone. It is a special thing when he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lt-1FmtkFk

Very cool. And, now, very sad...

I've been out 16 years.... and still carry my coin every day.

Feet & Knees Together!

This is like a punch in the gut.

My prayers to his family.

So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a stranger if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs them of their visions. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home. - Tecumseh

Rest in Peace Brother. To You and Those Like You. Damn Few.

EDIT: I had been meaning to order his book but hadn't gotten around to it. So I figured I better get it quick cause now it will sell out.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I read American Sniper he first week it hit book shelves. It is an amazing read and you really get an idea of his thoughts, feelings and first hand experience of war and family. It saddens me that Chris survived several high risk missions only to be killed at home by a "disturbed" vet. I seriously doubt PTSD was the root cause of this crime but it is an issue that needs more research. I think this was a guy who wanted to be infamous like most troubled criminals. Unfortunately the media hypes up these criminals for weeks which only entice others to follow.

Chris was not only a true American hero, but a great human being. I will keep his family in my prayers.