Nope.

Notice that big spur on the back of the bolt carrier? It prevents the hammer from contacting the rear of the bolt until the carrier is almost entirely in battery.

Your hammer will only ever rest on the back of the bolt itself if you manually decock or dry fire the rifle.

Even if the rifle is decocked, with the hammer resting on the back of the bolt, I don't see how this could harm the firing pin - if it were a Chinese rifle, it might put some wear on the firing pin spring, but I'm fairly certain Saiga rifles have free-floating firing pins, like most AKMs.

Out of battery ignitions are rare. The S223 has a spring loaded firing pin, or at least mine does, but my 7.62's never have. My SGL31 doesnt have one either. I wouldnt worry about it dude. Still a good idea to pick up a spare firing pin in the unlikely event that you need one.

Out of battery ignitions are rare. The S223 has a spring loaded firing pin, or at least mine does, but my 7.62's never have. My SGL31 doesnt have one either. I wouldnt worry about it dude. Still a good idea to pick up a spare firing pin in the unlikely event that you need one.

not talkin outta battery ignitions. i mean could that g2 hammer eventually smash the rear end of the bolt enough to where the hammer can hit the firing pin even if its inside the bolt all the way.

I know it sounds screwy but i really just dont wanna have to get a new bolt because my hammer destroyed the rear end of it. my arsenal trigger group is on the way be here today. if that hammer doesnt sit square i have one more option and that would be try a bulgarian hammer (74 style). If that doesnt fix it ill still shoot it and just hope it doesnt get any worse,

I think you're making too big a deal out of this, didn't you already profile the hammer so it rests flat on the bolt?

I'd say you don't have a problem until things stop moving from the bolt being peened outwards or inwards, and I doubt that'll happen.

Thanks Captain Hero. I just got my Arsenal 2 stage and put it in anyway. 2 things though, I noticed it doesnt use the sleve between the trigger and disconecter like the tapco so i just used the axis pin and i hope that is correct and instead of using the two stage arsenal hammer ( which I do like but heard russian hammer is softer steel and is treated as a replacment part so the hammer wears instead of the bolt) so i used the stock russian hammer and am still 922r compliant. I think the problem is over as if there was really one in the first place. Sorry to bother you with the paranoia.

I like the Arsenal trigger. Some folks dont. I have both and I prefer the two stage vs a really light pull that the tapco offers. I like using the factory hammer when I can. No bother here. I wouldnt let it worry you, unless you start seeing it getting worse, or it gives you problems.