how many of you have rounded corner on bolt carrier channel?

Borrowed this pic from tutorial. I have polished the channel but have not rounder the corner in the channel. Just wondering how big of a difference it will make. My action is pretty smooth except for the last 1/4" to 1/2" of rearward travel. Is this the mod that will help? Obviously going very slow and not removing much metal is the plan, just rounding corner a bit.

BCGchannel.jpg

• Like 1

my philosophy has always been; if it ain't broke don't fix it.

a lot of times when you go and try to fix things that don't need any fixing, you'll end up screwing the pooch and wished you could turn back time and not mess with it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

So can anyone elaborate on what the negative effects are with this mod or does everyone just know its somehow bad.......? I only ask because I did this mod to my carrier and it totally smoothed out the opening and closing of the bolt action on my gun. Did not even have to touch the actual bolt on my gun because the carrier rounded edges helped so much. I guess I just don't understand why it is "SO BAD" when it helped my gun cycle better? Maybe I did not remove enough metal to be in the "bad zone"? Lol.

So can anyone elaborate on what the negative effects are with this mod or does everyone just know its somehow bad.......? I only ask because I did this mod to my carrier and it totally smoothed out the opening and closing of the bolt action on my gun. Did not even have to touch the actual bolt on my gun because the carrier rounded edges helped so much. I guess I just don't understand why it is "SO BAD" when it helped my gun cycle better? Maybe I did not remove enough metal to be in the "bad zone"? Lol.
the info is here you will just have to search around and find it.

victory.gif

the info is here you will just have to search around and find it.

Oh, I don't really care. The mod worked great for me!victory.gif I was just asking for infromational purposes for the thread and other users. Maybe no one knows why it is Soooo Bad!nonono.gif Lol!

A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Customerdamagedcarrier.jpg

BoltResults1.jpg

The repair after you shoot it a whole lot and it eats itself up until it jams is worth about $300.00

(And, no. I'm seriously NOT interested in taking on another one of those jobs. Sorry, they're a royal PITA with all the live fire testing/readjustment & I don't have the time)

Kind of a waste of time and money IMHO, especially since the resistance people are generally trying to get rid of there, is actually the extractor climbing it's slot at the chamber...

• Like 1