To XN or not to XN....

If someone has one of each right now, unmodified, which one do they keep?

I am constantly trading arms, have a back log of project guns - MKA being one - and I had an MKA I have been sitting on for along time waiting to get all the right parts and find time between the other project guns I have going (VEPR)...

Anyway, some buddy traded me another NIB MKA for some other stuff so now I have 2 MKAs. One is XN one is not.

I was reading that newer MKA mags may not work as well in mag extensions.

Should I keep the XN designated arm or the non-XN designated arm?

If someone has one of each right now, unmodified, which one do they keep?

I am constantly trading arms, have a back log of project guns - MKA being one - and I had an MKA I have been sitting on for along time waiting to get all the right parts and find time between the other project guns I have going (VEPR)...

Anyway, some buddy traded me another NIB MKA for some other stuff so now I have 2 MKAs. One is XN one is not.

I was reading that newer MKA mags may not work as well in mag extensions.

Should I keep the XN designated arm or the non-XN designated arm?

I would prefer the XN, the gas block has about 50% more footprint in where it is brazed to the barrel.

The gas ports are a little closer to the chamber, so it operates on a higher impulse, that can improve its ability to shoot lower powered stuff.

The drive collar is of better design, and reduces the bending moment on the carrier.

The carrier is shorter.

The feed ramp has been redesigned to mimick the geometry found in our ARR ramp, that improves feeding.

The trigger is now all metal, the pull is higher but it is a better part.

The internal mold structure has been changed for the better.

The guide rod now has a combination of left and right hand threads, so the gas system is less prone to loosen.

there is some incorrect guessing about the XN being discussed on the forum.

We have had them for quite some time, and know the actual differences in the two versions.

All part changes relevent to the XN are available in our guns

Jim