Hey guys Im wondering what bolt I could get for my saiga 7.62x39 for a spare. I checked out this at midway usa and it looks like arsenal uses bulgarian 7.62x39 bolts..? I would like to get the one from k-var that is meant for the saiga rifle hoping that i get lucky and the headspace is the same. Ive also heard ak74 bolts will work?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/123568/arsenal-inc-complete-bolt-assembly-ak-47-762x39mm-russian

Edited by Spetnaz Soldier

Keep in mind that the Saiga is based off the 1xx series, and the bolts will relfect that. I may be wrong, but I dont think that a Bulgy bolt will work with a Saiga for the difference in stem size. The only bulgy bolt that works IIRC is the '74 style or 5.45. And Im not sure on the stem of the bulgy 7.62 bolt stems. Havent seen one in a few years for a comparison.

I have heard of people using spare bolts from AK 74 kits in their Saiga, but I do not have personal experience with this. There are two reviews for that bolt you found, and one said it worked in his Arsenal, and the other said it didnt work in his WASR.

Edited by Semper299