Question on all the upgraded parts

Are all these made in america parts you guys are adding to your 1919 actually stamped Made in USA anywhere on them ?

If not, then how would anyone know it is an american made part vs. the original turkey part? I'm talking about all the internal parts (triggers, springs, gas tube, ect)

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

The springs, gas tube and such are not 922 compliant parts.

The following website has information on what parts can be swapped out with US made parts to make your MKA 1919 compliant. I shows that the US made parts and factory imported parts have enough difference in appearance that they can be distinguished from each other.

Bill

http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_akdal_mka_1919_p7.php

Thats why I'm not all caught up in the 922 hype. I remember someone saying on this forum that there has never been a doucumented

case of anyone ever being prosocuted for violateing the 922 law.

Also if your firebird parts or whatever upgrades dont have any made in usa stamping on them, I dont see

how it would make any difference. Unless the ATF guy actually has parts to compare, I dont see how they could prove a thing. and even so, whos

to say I didnt machine thoes parts myself. None of the internal parts on my gun say made in turkey.

I say 922 is nothing but scare tactics. JMO

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Ya know, I have always wondered something about this silly rule... I have built a few AK's strictly following the rules, but wondered if I even have to.

I think this would apply to those getting a firebird receiver: The receiver is the gun. My AK receivers were made in the USA. The Firebird receivers were made in the USA. Therefore the gun was not imported. The GUN (receiver) was manufactured here...

Then there is the Benelli thing. The M4? shotgun is all made elsewhere. It is refinished here in the USA. GTG apparently. That means I can build a foreign made rifle, here in the USA, refinish it and Boom... No 922r.

To me, it seems 922r does not apply.

Thats why I'm not all caught up in the 922 hype. I remember someone saying on this forum that there has never been a doucumented

case of anyone ever being prosocuted for violateing the 922 law.

Also if your firebird parts or whatever upgrades dont have any made in usa stamping on them, I dont see

how it would make any difference. Unless the ATF guy actually has parts to compare, I dont see how they could prove a thing. and even so, whos

to say I didnt machine thoes parts myself. None of the internal parts on my gun say made in turkey.

I say 922 is nothing but scare tactics. JMO

That would have been me, well your close anyway. with out looking it up again here's what I remember.

Our ATF investagator said, she had no knowledge of anyone being charged with a 922 violation except when added to other criminal charges.

I'm not willing to be the test case, but I agree with what's been said above.

Sure nobody's been nicked. It's a questionable law anyway.

However, it doesn't matter if they can prove it or not. They CAN indict you.

Once they do that, most of us are toast anyway. You may not ever go to prison but if the feds indicted you over some silly shit like that, they have a hard on for you and they can make that case last and last draining every last gram of lifeblood from you.

You have kids? A wife? Anyone that cares about you or depends upon you?

Not worth it.

Sure nobody's been nicked. It's a questionable law anyway.

However, it doesn't matter if they can prove it or not. They CAN indict you.

Once they do that, most of us are toast anyway. You may not ever go to prison but if the feds indicted you over some silly shit like that, they have a hard on for you and they can make that case last and last draining every last gram of lifeblood from you.

You have kids? A wife? Anyone that cares about you or depends upon you?

Not worth it.

This. Always the best to just follow the rules.

Another reason for keeping reciepts and records for your modified 922r parts is that it will establish a timeline of when the weapon was built. In the event there is a 'Grand Father' clause in place, You would likely need this proof.

If the BATF wanted to crack down on 922r violations, Where do you think they would start looking? I want to take my MKA to any gun range and shoot without looking over my shoulder for 'the man'

L

I know the majority of gun owners will poo poo the idea that the law will inspect their firearms for whatever reason, but it does happen. Here in Cali, encounters with the BLM and Forest Service are frequent enough that you should be on your toes about the legality of whatever you are shooting.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=636033

I know, an old crime blog, but if you invite trouble it may follow.

A SD shooting could turn really ugly if done with a firearm in violation of 922r.

Now all of a sudden it's being touted about as a killing done with an illegally modified weapon.

Have fun with that.

Edited by ec4321