Ammo Tin Info wanted

Well, I had ran across a site that had info on breaking down the wording on tins of ammo. What is in it basically. But, I deleted it. Yea, I am smart like that.

The information I have indicates that rounds with the red stripe around the neck is 7N6. But, I wanted to know what I have on hand without opening the tins.

Would like to locate 2 more tins so I have a good amount. But, it is either priced high or not in stock. Oh well.

Wish it would warm up. I have two new AK's to shoot and verify function. A Nice Saiga converted and a Atlantic AK74. 3 tins of ammo sealed. A few hundred loose rounds to shoot. Itchy trigger finger

Edited by ParanoidVengeance

I believe the Russians used the Cryllic alphabet on their cans. But the top should be cartridge caliber, followed by bullet type, and case type (or vise-versa). So 5.45, followed by most likely something that looks like an nC rC. Which I think is "GS PS" which would note steel case/steel core. The middle section would be the lot#, year of production, and then the factory number. On the right side middle section would be the number of the powder lot, over the year of production again. And obviously the bottom is the round count of 1080 smile inducing bullets.

Most the cans I've come across are russian. Bulgarian will normally have the infamous circle 10, or 25 stamp for their factory numbers.

Sorry, I hope that made some sort of sense. Any pics of the cans?

• Like 1