Newb with a question

My local gun shop has a 1919 for $600 I have a siaga 12 but I like the look of these and want one however the one they have is all polymer. The ones on here look like they have a metal lower. Is this a new model or the original with a new lower added on to it? Just seeing if I should buy or wait until I can get a current model? Thanks

My local gun shop has a 1919 for $600 I have a siaga 12 but I like the look of these and want one however the one they have is all polymer. The ones on here look like they have a metal lower. Is this a new model or the original with a new lower added on to it? Just seeing if I should buy or wait until I can get a current model? Thanks

My humble opinion, if this is a new gun and you want a MKA 1919, jump on it. The lowest price I've seen on these was at Cheaper Than Dirt last fall at $579. The price quickly went to $619 when they could keep them in stock. Some places indicate they have them in stock starting at $669 and up. If its a used gun, at that price it may have some problems. Pony up the cash and get a new one.

The following information is taken from memory of things I've read on this and other forums.

All of the factory MKA 1919's have the polymer lower receiver. Firebird Precision is in the process of bringing an aluminum lower to the market place.

Did you jot down the serial number?

Firebird indicated the "old" model with serial numbers in the 120XXX to 130XXX range had some improvements over earlier models. Next came some with "XN" in the serial number with what some have said is improved quality control. The latest version actually has "XN" stamped on the upper receiver after "MKA 1919". Per posters on this forum, not all parts interchange between the most recent version and the older versions.

Per Jim at Firebird, there was a batch imported in 2011 that instead of a polished barrel extension, had a black parkerized extension. Lots of problems were seen with this small lot of guns.

My MKA has a serial number in the 100XXX range and runs like a scalded dog. An earlier model that works great. Maybe just luck of the draw.

Bill