SGM Trunnion & AR Stock Adapters

I have decided to switch the modular stock on my S12 over to a AR style collapsible stock. My main goal is to keep the over all length of the gun as short as possible so the SGM trunnion looks very appealing. I do remember reading though about how the SGM trunnion has a lower tab the interferes with the shooter's hand while on the pistol grip. Is this true? Does the tab serve a purpose or can it be removed?

Also, do milspec and commercial buffer tubes have the same threads? Just wondering if I can interchange different style tubes into the SGM trunnion?

I have one on my S12 build, it works with any tube I have, both mil spec and commercial, it pretty much accepts any end cap from an AR15 too, buy with confidence..

What about the little tang that sticks out towards the bottom of the sgm trunnion? I read somewhere that some people were complaining that it interferes with the shooter's hand while on the pistol grip. What is your experience? Does it serve a purpose?

Tang? I cut my tang off when I did my conversion...

I should have chosen a better choice of words. I used "tang", but I was referring to the metal tab that hangs down from the sgm trunnion. I Just figured you would know what I was referring to since you already installed one. Maybe it was not a problem for you though. I did some searching and dug up a little more information on my concerns.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71525-ar-stock-conversion-help-needed/?hl=%2Brear+%2Btrunnion&do=findComment&comment=694813

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61833-sgm-internal-trunion-mount/page__fromsearch__1