Hey guys check this out. So i was upset one day and saw the prices of ca legal mags skyrocketed. I send him a message saying how i didnt like his prices and that i thought he was price gouging.. this is what he sent me back..

Ticket status: Completed Department: General Subject: check this out We have filed a police report. Any and all further communication and evidence will be provided and logged to your case number. It will be transferred to your local authorities who will be handling it from there. Not a good idea to attempt to harass someone with many friends in the LE / GOV community. Big mistake.  What a cowardly misinformed fool you are. Too chickenshit to even put your name or number. Your email address and IP addresses among other evidence has been plenty for them to locate you already.  Hope you enjoy jail.  Sincerely,CA LEGAL MAGS

..Damn dude I didnt mean to offend you in any way. Note you guys I never once threatened this guy cause i dont do that. i am not a criminal, have never had a record, and am an upstanding citizen of my community..what do you guys think?

Edited by Spetnaz Soldier

Probably trying to freak you out with his bluff. I mean, what would a police report with your email say, "Customer upset over prices of items offered." If there were no threats then all you did was send in a complaint. If every vendor did this with every angry email they'd probably be out of business.

Ya. I was baffled when i just opened up the email and saw that shit. Hell he was trying to sell 5 steel ak mags for 350 bucks so i expressed how i felt about that..im sure you guys feel the same way. who in the hell is going to pay that much for 5 mags. anyways i know he gets on the forum and reads these so here goes--SORRY SALLY DIDNT MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS. Sorry bud but read the constitution, I have the right to free speech and I am going to exercise it when i feel the need. The law for internet harassment states that any threat or bullying of any kind can be construed as harassment. Sorry you do like that I dont like your prices. I will shop else where.

Edited by Spetnaz Soldier
He's full of shit. He's playing poker. The down side is suing him for your mental stress at being harrassed by all his LEO buddies still probably would not cover attorney fees! Ha!

Exactly. He's full of crap and bluffing. The "local" authorities wouldn't give him the time of day. He's just an asshole. Do NOT apologies for anything. He's a big man with a little dick. Lol

Besides, he's an asshole for gouging. And if he's in komiefornia they deserve each other.

You have nothing to worry about as long as no threats were made on your part. He is bluffing with the whole police report issue and is just upset that you were smart enough to call him out on the price gouging. It is funny how some people react when the truth hurts (5 $10 ak mags for $350). Call his bluff, ask which department handled the case and the case number. Let him know that you would like to make a statement as well, lol. I understand the whole free market make a dollar economy theory, but this kind of crap would never have happened 20 years ago. Very few of the major parts suppliers have changed their prices out of respect for gun owners and to keep future business. I hope he makes a ton of money, because Karma can come calling at any time and customers never forget getting screwed.

Edited by GeorgiaPD
  • Like 1

He might be Gay! They could be designer Mags. What color were they?

And if he is Gay he pobably gets His additude from not being able to get in to the Boy Scouts when he was a kid.

If people are stupid enough to buy at those prices, it is what it is ,and you can't fix stupid.

California, a beautiful State wasted on a lot of weard people.

what do you guys think?

now this might hurt your feelings, but I call it as I see it; so who died and made you the magazine price police?

honestly, you don't have anything better to do but to e-mail someone and tell them you don't like their prices? if you don't like the price, don't buy, and move on with your life

BTW, " REDICULOUS", is spelled ridiculous

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

what do you guys think?

now this might hurt your feelings, but I call it as I see it; so who died and made you the magazine price police?

honestly, you don't have anything better to do but to e-mail someone and tell them you don't like their prices? if you don't like the price, don't buy, and move on with your life

Sounds like you're doing the same to me. He was just calling it as he saw it.

what do you guys think?

hardly the same, the OP ask, what do you think? in all the ads I have seen for magazines, guns etc.... not one of them ask, what do you think of the price? E-mail me.

I've almost sent some emails saying the same stuff to some companies before. It takes maybe 2 minutes to do, I wouldn't call that wasting a lot of time. It's assholes like that that are driving up prices all over the firearm's market. I bought 3 420 round cans of 5.56 62 grain green tip from Walmart 6 days ago for... $.40 a round! That's the before-all-this-hysteria-bullshit prices. So I say good job calling out that seller, because sometimes people need to be called out.

As to the situation at hand, he's bluffing for all the previous reasons. He's just some fuckstain... Also I think you'd be informed of a police report made against you if it was really filed.. I think.

Ya im not worried about it at all. Just thought I'd share with everyone. And to the mathew hopkins guy...5 steel mags for 350 bucks thats fucking outrageous, you are probobly the ca legal mag guy..i wouldnt be suprised because you are the only one stickin up for him. Nobody in their right mind would pay that much for a 5 pack of mags.

And to the mathew hopkins guy...5 steel mags for 350 bucks thats fucking outrageous, you are probobly the ca legal mag guy..i wouldnt be suprised because you are the only one stickin up for him. Nobody in their right mind would pay that much for a 5 pack of mags.

so it's outrageous, so don't buy them. and no, I'm not the ca. legal mag guy or sticking up for him, I just find it dumb that you would do that, are you under the delusion that he'll somehow see "the light" and bring down the price to what you like? are you going to go around the internet and e-mail everybody, private and commercial entities and tell them their prices are outrageous? because if you do, quite your day job, because that is all you will be doing.

may I sugguest a alternative? why not go on the White House web site and make up a petition asking obama to sign a EO to stop "price gouging" on magazines. that will do as much good as you e-mailing people and telling them their prices suck.

If... If you didn't actually make any sort of threat, straight forward or veiled, and haven't sent repeated harassing emails, then he is full of shit.

If he is full of shit, then I would be having fun with him since his buttons are apparently so easily pushed. 011.gif

Call his bluff' date=' ask which department handled the case and the case number. Let him know that you would like to make a statement as well, lol.[/quote']

Also, while I may occasionally take a poke at a WTS Ad posted here, I've never bothered to email a Vendor and bitch about prices.

• Like 1

Lets be fair about it . Do we ever complain when the price is to cheap.

We have the same problem in Fl when hurricanes hit.

Electric generators always go up in price after the storm when there is non to be had.

It is Greed and Panic and they never spawn untill the waters are right.

It will come down to not how much they pay for a Mag.

It is how much they have paid in training and prep to keep that mag and thier life.

A un prepared fool and his life are soon parted.

On the other hand what good is money when SHTF . Food ,Water, Ammmo and medical supplys will be the new currency.

When I ased someone who had a ton of guns an ammo, where is your food when you can't get it?

He told me, My neighbors, they have my food!

Its not just guns, ammo, mags , food ect. its being prepared to keep it as well.

And to the mathew hopkins guy...5 steel mags for 350 bucks thats fucking outrageous, you are probobly the ca legal mag guy..i wouldnt be suprised because you are the only one stickin up for him. Nobody in their right mind would pay that much for a 5 pack of mags.

so it's outrageous, so don't buy them. and no, I'm not the ca. legal mag guy or sticking up for him, I just find it dumb that you would do that, are you under the delusion that he'll somehow see "the light" and bring down the price to what you like? are you going to go around the internet and e-mail everybody, private and commercial entities and tell them their prices are outrageous? because if you do, quite your day job, because that is all you will be doing.

may I sugguest a alternative? why not go on the White House web site and make up a petition asking obama to sign a EO to stop "price gouging" on magazines. that will do as much good as you e-mailing people and telling them their prices suck.

ya the light or whatever it was because he did drop the price after i sent the message. haha now its 275..still outrageous.

If... If you didn't actually make any sort of threat, straight forward or veiled, and haven't sent repeated harassing emails, then he is full of shit.

If he is full of shit, then I would be having fun with him since his buttons are apparently so easily pushed. 011.gif

Call his bluff, ask which department handled the case and the case number. Let him know that you would like to make a statement as well, lol.

Also, while I may occasionally take a poke at a WTS Ad posted here, I've never bothered to email a Vendor and bitch about prices.

well it said on the site "send me a message" so i did. its not like i do that all the time or have ever done it before for that matter. you see, i used to order from this guy all the time then the shootings started to happen and he gouged like a mother fucker. i am loyal to businesses and find it hard to stay that way when this happens.

well it said on the site "send me a message" so i did. its not like i do that all the time or have ever done it before for that matter. you see, i used to order from this guy all the time then the shootings started to happen and he gouged like a mother fucker. i am loyal to businesses and find it hard to stay that way when this happens.

I never used callegalmags due to them being overpriced before the shootings and they are a Ca based company. I prefer 44magdot com. and these folks are out of OR.

The overall point should be here...

The guy or company trying to sell these mags at such an inflated price, even way above current market values is simply wasting his time and making himself look like the price gouging fool he is. His ad speaks for him. No one in their right mind will buy these... At least a that price at this point in time. I've paid more than I should for my recent purchases, but the items were at current market value and better at least. Shame on me though for waiting till the shit shit the fan.

• Like 1

A persons character is defined by his actions. The first act of gouging and then his BS response when you questioned his prices clearly show the guy's a pussy. Personally I don't think you did anything wrong in questioning the guy. That was your instincts and you followed thru. I remember watching the prices rise after the shooting. My personal thought was panic and being more concerned with acquiring an S-12 and writing my Congress members. If I had given it more time maybe I should have also fired off a letter to some of those shitty companies that "over" capitalized on the panic.

Well done, now just leave it alone...

what do you guys think?

hardly the same, the OP ask, what do you think? in all the ads I have seen for magazines, guns etc.... not one of them ask, what do you think of the price? E-mail me.

Obviously, to the reasonable person, the spirit of what he asked how you "saw it" was to address whether or not this is something to worry about. No reasonable person wanted to hear you question whether or not he was the magazine price police. Moreover, your unreasonable nature was exaggerated in the way you chose to correct the spelling of ridiculous; you were using it to make fun of him.

Grow up. As I see it, you'd have more friends if you could take a polite, or at least professional tone. You can disagree, but did not choose a disagreement, you chose to try to make fun of him. If you don't care for someone and just want to denigrate them, move along, your silence would be a great contribution.

Oh, and your subsequent responses have been similarly poor.

In fact, as best as I recall it, I have yet to see a good contribution to any conversation from you.

EDIT: sorry, I am incorrect. You have made positive contributions. It was just late and I was annoyed. It was unfair to make the last statement.

Edited by Remek
  • Like 2