Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the content of the answers to this post. This is intended as a question about lubricant and preservative used on firearms. My intent is to recieve actual reviews and comments from users of this product. smile.png

Has anyone used this product on their firearms? Is it really any different than CLP or other products on the market?

Fordguy

Edited by FORDGUY

LOVE the stuff. Even works great in the cold temps up here in AK. Just went thru a 2 day AR Armorer's course, and the guy teaching it uses it to. He even took a swig from it to show it's non-toxic. Plus won't stain as bad as CLP and cleans up way better. How do I know? My dog chewed up a Breakfree 2oz bottle and I have a nice stain I cannot get out in my carpet. I purposely squirted froglube right next to it, ground it in with my foot, waited a day then used the carpet cleaner on it and it came right up - but the Breakfree still exists. Best of all, it works great in my AR. I took my bolt, with it's carbon build up, and rubbed it down. Did that a couple of times over a week, and at the end of the week most of the caron came off very very easily. I'm sold on it. It's now on my AR's, AK's, Glocks, and .22's.

i use it on all my bolt actions, after a few outings the bolt practically glides with minimal effort. good stuff, smells like spearmint tho! 015.gif

really? that beats the hell out of cpl, that stuff reaks

i use it on all my bolt actions, after a few outings the bolt practically glides with minimal effort. good stuff, smells like spearmint tho! 015.gif

really? that beats the hell out of cpl, that stuff reaks

clp was all i ever used until froglube came along. i've heard alot good things about it so i gave it a try, haven't had to look back. won't use anything else.....works for me. know what you mean on the clp, it does get to you.

Thanks for the responses. I have some free samples from a friend and had never really heard of it. I plan on trying it out on one of the finicky Romanian mags I have. I am going to heat it up and try and get it to soak in on the inside walls.

Fordguy

LOVE the stuff. Even works great in the cold temps up here in AK. Just went thru a 2 day AR Armorer's course, and the guy teaching it uses it to. He even took a swig from it to show it's non-toxic. Plus won't stain as bad as CLP and cleans up way better. How do I know? My dog chewed up a Breakfree 2oz bottle and I have a nice stain I cannot get out in my carpet. I purposely squirted froglube right next to it, ground it in with my foot, waited a day then used the carpet cleaner on it and it came right up - but the Breakfree still exists. Best of all, it works great in my AR. I took my bolt, with it's carbon build up, and rubbed it down. Did that a couple of times over a week, and at the end of the week most of the caron came off very very easily. I'm sold on it. It's now on my AR's, AK's, Glocks, and .22's.

OK, I am sold. I am buying some!

I let a Frog Lube rep treat a Glock I was carrying at an event last year for shits and giggles. Couldn't tell you any + or - about it as the pistol was already treated with Militech-1 which I use. It did smell tasty though.

It tastes like it smells and it's a great lip balm. Lol! It really is good stuff though. I've heard that you can treat parts in it using a small crock pot. Put the FrogLube in, turn it on, and let your small parts "cook" in it. Supposed to help it penetrate into the metal.

I really like the stuff. I followed the instructions and removed the existing petroleum lubricants with denatured alcohol. Then I used a heat gun to get everything hot and applied the Froglube (liquid) with a paint brush. Wiped everything clean and repeated the process. Just a couple of pulls with the bore snake and they've never been cleaner. It leaves everything with an odd slippery feel. Plus, it won't ruin your clothing so the bore snakes can go right in the washing machine. Faded receiver covers etc. are now a nice shiny black. @ 17 bucks for a 4 .oz bottle they certainly don't give it away but I've done 4 firearms so far and used ~ 20 percent of the bottle. The smell of Rem-oil, Hoppes, etc. doesn't really bother me but the minty fresh smell is better. I tested it out on a very old bowie style knife and was amazed at how much cleaner it got with the Froglube.

Thanks for posting. I was thinking about picking up the cleaning kit with the paste and liquid. Seems pricey. I like to imagine there's no ammonia in it since people are ingesting it. My question, is it harmful to certain finishes?

All the claims and reviews I have read say no.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I finally got to lube up a firearm with this stuff. I used it in my new M&P 15-22.

I am TOTALLY impressed. It's basically set up "dry" now, but slides like its "wet" as best I can tell. Fantastic! Thanks for all the good words about it, I think this may be a major change for my firearm lubrication for the future!

Plus, it smells great!!!!!!

I got it and applied the paste to one of my AK's and a couple of 1911's. I like the idea that it stays dry until the guns warms up and then self lubricates and the carbon wipes off easily. The dry part is especially great on a carry gun as it doesn't collect lint and junk like the oil does.

Okay, I finally got to lube up a firearm with this stuff. I used it in my new M&P 15-22.

I am TOTALLY impressed. It's basically set up "dry" now, but slides like its "wet" as best I can tell. Fantastic! Thanks for all the good words about it, I think this may be a major change for my firearm lubrication for the future!

I think this ^^^ sold me on it. I have been using lithium grease on everything for years and it has always served me well. Cheap too. AK's will continue to get grease, but I may try this stuff out on some of my more expensive and finicky guns.

How you liking that 15-22? I bought one a few years ago just to train on an AR platform for pennies a round. I really like the fact that it has basically the same controls as an AR, making training on it similar to AR.

• Like 1

I think this ^^^ sold me on it. I have been using lithium grease on everything for years and it has always served me well. Cheap too. AK's will continue to get grease, but I may try this stuff out on some of my more expensive and finicky guns.

How you liking that 15-22? I bought one a few years ago just to train on an AR platform for pennies a round. I really like the fact that it has basically the same controls as an AR, making training on it similar to AR.

Glad I could help, and I hope it works for you as well as it seems to for me.

I only shot a few rounds through the 15-22, and purchased for the same reasons as you, considering the present circumstance on costs of ammo to feed my M&P 15. The 22 is really a fantastic rifle, and as you likely know, nutnfancy on youtube did a fantastic extensive review on it. He purchased and kept his, so that says something. Its not an exact copy of my 15, but damn close, and I am currently getting a red dot to match my 15 for it. I love the feel of it, it really is a "sheep in wolves clothing". I have a trigger job being performed on it, so I cannot use it today, but in a few weeks I should back in business and give it a real workout (purchased a slide-fire for it, so it will definitely be worked out).

^^^ I will definitely let you know. I am having trigger work done to increase sensitivity, and got higher pressure rounds. I think should do it, from my research, but the next step will be a reverse muzzle break if it doesn't work. I am looking forward to it!

Worse comes to worst, it can go on my 15, provided the cost/round comes down!

Edited by Remek

Back on topic, I see the Froglube is touting their claim to fame as being a recommended "Biobased" product... Other than the Al Gore shit I hate, I have another thought...

...is this shit water soluble? If so... Count me out... I'm not planning to storm the castle in a monsoon, but you never know...