I have resisted for years.

All my life I have balked at the thought of asking the government beancounters "pretty please, mother may I" when it comes to my guns.

But I don't think I can resist any longer. My Zastava M92 PV is whispering quietly in my ear, and my will is weakening...

• Like 2

once you start, you'll have others. I thought the same thing back in 04, but adding a fake can on a AKS-74U just looks utterly stupid and retarded.

once I got the approval back, I added a MP-5K, a Hk-53, SAIGA 12 SBS, and my latest one a PPS-43 to my collection and haven't regretted it,

3284extended_krink_with_45_rd_mag.jpg

MP5KPDW_stock_extended.jpg

HK53A3.jpg

SAIGA_12_SBS_13inch_BARREL1.JPG

pps43.JPG

• Like 3

I can relate here.

Then I start thinking about what was posted and have read in other forums.

It's like crack can't do it just once.

Cause if I do the pap then sbs and slr would be next.

Probably divorce shortly there after.:)

Yes, stamps are like pringles & tattoo's...one is NEVER enough. I have a few of each, tattoo's & stamps, and can honestly say between my .22 suppressors and my Tromix SBS I really have fun. You'll be glad you did, once you do.

Gunny

Are you sure you need to comply with 922r with NFA items? I only ask since that's possibly a lot of money you don't need to spend. Well that and I will eventually be doing the same to my M85... :-)

Some say you do, some say you don't. It seems pretty clear to me that you don't need to worry about 922r on an nfa weapon. But I was already buying the quad rail, pistol grip, stock, and flash hider, so the only part I bought extra just for 922r was the G2 fcg from AK Builder for $30. In the end I figured it was worth a few bucks (better safe than sorry).

I've been doing alot of reading about the conversion and the only thing that I'm a bit uncertain about is the trunnion angle. If you use a square mount it will result in a slight angle of the stock. But I've seen pictures of stocks mounted on M92s that way and the angle doesn't seem to be a problem.

• Like 1

If my ship ever arrives, I will be doing it too. Very cool you all are enjoying our god given rights to the full extent, even if you're being crapped on by government with this tax and tight regulation.

Also, although I do not think 922r complaince is needed, I think you're doing the right thing just so you dont get pissed on by a bureaucrat who has decided to flex his regulatory muscle for the fun of it.

Edited by Remek
If my ship ever arrives, I will be doing it too. Very cool you all are enjoying our god given rights to the full extent, even if you're being crapped on by government with this tax and tight regulation.

Also, although I do not think 922r complaince is needed, I think you're doing the right thing just so you dont get pissed on by a bureaucrat who has decided to flex his regulatory muscle for the fun of it.

My ship arrived for this project in the form of 20 hours a week overtime for 3 months. So I paid off Christmas and I'm giving myself a birthday present.

This is the first time I've had overtime in 2 years.

• Like 1
you'll want all your guns that way except your long range bolt action.

I don't know about that, I mean if you want to add a historical short barrel rifle that was used in the Russian revolution, you could go with a обрезы (obrez). a cut down Mosin- Nagant.

images.jpg

I wouldn't do it, but if someone wants to add a "m-n variant" to their collection of M-N, this would have to be one of them.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
Paying the govt. $200 to cut your barrel or put a stock on one is total ripoff BS. Does nothing to make your gun any more dangerous but once you do (at least me) you'll want all your guns that way except your long range bolt action.

Yeah I'm already a shorter-is-better fan. I've already cut down 2 rifles but kept them "legal".

But it's just not enough. I want less. Less I say!

• Like 1

I got the stock and folding mechanism on order.

I was torn about 7.5 or 8.5 but using the 6-position on my M4gery as a guide I decided I was more comfortable with the 7.5 (plus 0.5 for the folding mech, plus 0.5 for the pad, giving 8.5").

Now to do the trust. Best price I've found for an attorney prepared gun trust is $300. That seems reasonable to me, but is it?

922 or not, I got to try a friend's 223 pap today and while overall, it was a nifty unborn SBR, that trigger was crappy. the cheap looking safety lever also downgraded the whole feel of an otherwise well made firearm. I am sure it works as good and all that, it just made it feel chintzy. Like a british car where they engineer the heck out of it and do wood inlays and then put a stamped tin clock that doesn't work in the middle of the dash.

I'd shell out the few bucks to do a modified g2 double hook and have a nice trigger on that sucker. I couldn't see spending $200 on a stamp and sparing the $30 for a trigger that would pull the whole thing together.

I got the stock and folding mechanism on order.

I was torn about 7.5 or 8.5 but using the 6-position on my M4gery as a guide I decided I was more comfortable with the 7.5 (plus 0.5 for the folding mech, plus 0.5 for the pad, giving 8.5").

Now to do the trust. Best price I've found for an attorney prepared gun trust is $300. That seems reasonable to me, but is it?

Yes, but make sure you read it so it can be as inclusive as possible. Mine was $450.00, eight years ago and is 40 pages.

Well I have the trust set up and the Form 1 will be on it's way shortly is on it's way.

I was torn about which stock length to get but I'm glad I got the 7.5. With the hinge and pad it's perfect.

post-4831-0-98265800-1361895568_thumb.jpg

The trunnion is not drilled for the stock yet, of course.

Edited by Darth Saigus
Well I have the trust set up and the Form 1 will be on it's way shortly.

I was torn about which stock length to get but I'm glad I got the 7.5. With the hinge and pad it's perfect.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=72463]gallery_4831_950_204339.jpg[/url]

Did you use attorney or Quicken?

Edited by garnaz
Well I have the trust set up and the Form 1 will be on it's way shortly.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=72463]gallery_4831_950_204339.jpg[/url]

Did you use attorney or Quicken?

I used a lawyer. $300 is pretty cheap all things considered, for a trust specifically set up for nfa items.

• Like 1