trigger group question

i thought i had the 922 r law licked. but apperantly i read it wrong i need to remove more russian parts. its there a trigger group that does NOT move it forward? how many parts that count does that remove? also a factory location us made trigger guard? ive got a us made gas puck, stock, door breach (muzzle device) and pistol grip. if i get a us trigger gaurd and group that keeps the factory location i should be good right? any input appriciated. i have us mags that i can use in the meantime to keep legal. but would like to be able to use the factory one too. thanks

Dinzag sells a G2 for this purpose.

Or you can modify a tapco G2. Do the G2 hammer profiling. Cut the trigger off of the trigger body and install it in place of the factory set. Use the factory "slingshot". I believe this would be treated as replacement of two parts, since you would still be using the foreign trigger itself.

parts that are slightly easier to swap: puck, forend, "operating rod", floor plates on your OEM mags (not that you need to be compliant with the factory five as long as the rest of the gun is essentially in OEM configuration.)

I know of no non converted triggers made in the states. You could change out the hammer and that would count toward the 992R. New mag, Tapco T6 stock with grip, puck and different regulator should keep you legal.
If by regulator you mean gas plug, I do not believe that that part counts.
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GunFun" data-cid="861831" data-time="1360478329"><p>

Dinzag sells a G2 for this purpose.<br />

<br />

Or you can modify a tapco G2. Do the G2 hammer profiling. Cut the trigger off of the trigger body and install it in place of the factory set. Use the factory "slingshot". I believe this would be treated as replacement of two parts, since you would still be using the foreign trigger itself.<br />

<br />

parts that are slightly easier to swap: puck, forend, "operating rod", floor plates on your OEM mags (not that you need to be compliant with the factory five as long as the rest of the gun is essentially in OEM configuration.)</p></blockquote>

i thought the pistol grip and collapsable stock took it out of the oem configuration?

Edited by 12gaugepitbull

"i thought the pistol grip and collapsable stock took it out of the oem configuration?"

Old opinion letters say yes, most recent say no. - I would just go for compliance and be safe.

the OP seemed to be asking about keeping the stock trigger group, so I took that to mean he had his monte carlo stock. I missed the line about US made stock.

Post #2 is wrong about gas regulator. OP mentions trigger guard.... Remember to stick to the list of what really counts when tallying up your parts:

Gunwiki: 922® Worksheet for Saiga Shotguns