I was thinking about developing this 223 wildcat round.

Its main purpose would be a for cheap practice round using plated 30 carbine bullets pushing them around 1800 fps.

A load for jacked bullets could be developed which could be 2500 fps + I imagine.

Possible names: 300X45, 30 Super Carbine

For heavier bullets you could use projectiles developed for the 30-30.

l_749009731_1.jpg

Comments?

556wildcat.jpg

Edited by ckrockets

Inferior in what way?

300blackout/300AAC is 7.62X35 this is essientially 7.62X45.

A larger case capacity would decrease pressure for the same load so one could up the powder charge increasing fps.

This cartridge could theoritically out perform 300blackout/300AAC in velocity.

The downside to this cartridge would you could not use the variety of 7.62 projectiles that the 300blackout/300AAC can.

Since the length of the exposed bullet after seating needs to be realitively short to facilitate functioning in 5.56 magazines.

However, with the availabity of 30 carbine, 30-30 and 30AR projectiles there are still quite a few different bullets that can be used in this configuration.

Sounds like you've essentially invented an inferior alternative to .300 AAC blackout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_AAC_Blackout_%287.62%C3%9735mm%29

yes yes yes the czech 7.62X45 has been around a long time i know...for fuk sake....

if you all notice it's a lengthened 7.62X39 case...what I am purposing is a full length 5.56 case opened up to accept a 7.62 bullet but maintaines the overall length of the 5.56 so that 5.56 magazines can be utilzed...

.300 whisper = 300 blackout = 300 AAC = 7.62X35

czech 7.62X45 = 6mm lengthened 7.62X39 case

nevermind....

+1 on the 300 BO. It uses a wide array of available bullets, barrels dies... It is decent ballistically, uses available brass.

Further, if you cast with the NOE mold, you can shoot good subsonic ammo for ~10 cents a round.