Rivet hole dimpling problem

DISREGARD....Found a way to get the dent out using a plate and a C-clamp finishing with flat tip on rivet gig in the press.

This may have been brought up before, but my search-fu is no good. I'm attempting to install a 100 series sidefolder rear trunnion. Attempted to dimple the left lower hole and wound up denting the receiver and bent the left side rear trunnion ear. It didn't even dimple the hole in the least bit. Anyone have a clue as to what happened? I'm using a 20T press and akbuilder gig.

Edited by JRSUDS

Not trying to be an ass, but was it parallel and perpendicular? Sounds like you might have been off to one side or the other just enough....

Can you flatten it back ever so gently and start over? Not completely flatten the receiver, just the snafu'd area?

Edited by AZG

That's what I don't understand. Everything was tight and level/plumb. The trunnion is trashed worse than the dented receiver. Oh, I just realized I neglected to mention this is an S-12, if that matters. I'm going to try and find a way to pop that dent out. Any suggestions?