Need help with hard to find sight leaf

I'm getting ready to start a IZ-132 to "AK-103 clone" conversion, but I'm coming up empty locating on locating a proper rear leaf sight for the rifle. From my research on the AK-103, the correct part for this rifle should have a zinc-phospate finish, Cyrillic P "battle sight" marking, and half-ticks for the range markings. I've found several sights that are close, but none that have all three characteristics of the original sight...except for a private offering I found on AR15.com about two weeks too late.

I've gone through the online shops I'm familiar with, and a few others using Google, but I thought someone here might have a lead I missed. Any help would be appreciated.

Izhmash AK 1000 Meter Rear Sight

post-7557-0-61517500-1360621148.jpg

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Vlad has them. You should be able to find them fairly easy.

Vlad's site was one of the ones I went through during the search...no go. Tantal used to get them every so often, but that's all ancient history now.

Thanks for the heads up just the same. I'll keep an eye on Vlad's site if nothing turns up.

dubya - Gotcha covered. I'll drop you a note if I run across any.

Edited by FLTF3

Vlad started out as an E-bay seller, but opened his own website due to the volume of orders he was doing. Here's the link:

http://soviet-military.com/

Shipping can be a bit stiff since they ship out of the Ukraine, but the variety is hard to beat. Great service too.

Vlad has them for 11.99 dude and in stock.

Do you have a link? I may have gone right past them, but I don't see AK-100 series sights listed anywhere.

I take it your looking for the one with the "half tick" marks instead of the ones that go all the way across the sight?

For those who may not know, the one in the OP is the same sight as the '74 leaf, but only is the current production one and has the half tick marks instead of those that go across completely. Other than that its the same sight leaf.

Good luck finding one. I had trouble finding one for a 101 build I was doing a while back.

This one is east german, but is an accurate depiction of the older Russian pattern prior to the newer models.

post-32793-0-01440600-1360864241.jpg

Yeah the one i ordered was the 1000 meter 74 sight. I figure its close enough and if you REALLY want full length tick narks you can use a dremel really carefully and make them longer. I actually prefer the small tick mark's.

Yep, Vlad's are the AK74 sights. Identical to the AK-100 series sights, except for the full-tick marks. That's my backup plan, but I wanted to check around first.

BTW, Vlad got back with me. He only has the sight leafs listed on the website. My guess is that it's going to be one of those oddities that pops up from time to time.

Edited by FLTF3
  • 1 month later...

The one I got from Vlad a few weeks ago was RUSTY as hell and I really had to scrub that thing good to clean it up. The white was almost completely gone but I fixed it up a bit tonight. Now I just need a 545 to put it on!post-46357-0-14144800-1363834877_thumb.jpg

Its not perfect but it's 300% better than when I got it and it's not the half tick version but I'm happy with it now

• Like 1