S-12 Magazine Update

SaigaSolutions.com Newsletter

11/17/2005

http://www.saigasolutions.com/

Dear Member

The Saiga-12 gauge magazine project has been steadily progressing over the last few weeks. Currently the dies have been machined and are in the refinement phase. The magazines will be constructed from steel and will feature a ten round capacity. A chemical resistant coating will also be applied to the magazines to provide long term protection. We would like to apologize for the delay in production and delivery to the market; however, we feel that it is our responsibility to provide customers with a quality product. SaigaSolutions.com is working hard to have the magazines available for the holidays; we cannot guarantee that will happen. Please visit our website for pictures and further details of the steel S-12 magazine. Email: support@saigasolutions.com for comments and or questions.

Product features:

1. All steel construction

2. Ten round capacity

3. Siaga-12 gauge compatible

4. Chemical resistant coating

5. U.S. made

newmag.gif

newmag2.gif

SaigaSolutions commitment to excellence remains quality first with no exceptions!

Sincerely

Ian

http://www.saigasolutions.com/

He IS saigasolutions.

Badz where are the locking lugs? are you making them for use with magwells and without?

That's my worry. I'll cry if these get done and there's nothing but the SWAT version available. :(

And then I'd have to get the SWAT conversion done.

Gents - I think ive confused people a little (my fault). They are going to be Saiga-12 (sporting version) magazines. I am sure I can leave out the locking lugs for those who want an real S-12 magazine provided they have the same mag well dimensions.

So provided they fit in the SWAT version...ill make them, otherwise what you see above still needs the lugs which will be added in the next day or so.

Ian

Edited by badz2801
I recently shelled out big bucks for some factory 8 rounders.

. . . I'm starting to question my decision.

Looking forward to your progress.

A|G

As did I. But I look at it this way, at least you have an example(s) of the real factory full-cap mag. They still say "Izmash" on them so they are worth something.

Gents - I think ive confused people a little (my fault). They are going to be Saiga-12 (sporting version) magazines. I am sure I can leave out the locking lugs for those who want an real S-12 magazine provided they have the same mag well dimensions.

So provided they fit in the SWAT version...ill make them, otherwise what you see above still needs the lugs which will be added in the next day or so.

Ian

I know that people on this forum and outside this forum are working on Swat magwells. Once you pay for your production cost and the new magwells come out, you should be able to make those also. However I don't see a time when everyone has Swat magwells. Most people just are not going to pay the price for a full or partial Swat conversion when it becomes available.

Edited by TacticalResponse
I know that people on this forum and outside this forum are working on Swat magwells. Once you pay for your production cost and the new magwells come out, you should be able to make those also. However I don't see a time when everyone has Swat magwells. Most people just are not going to pay the price for a full or partial Swat conversion when it becomes available.

I thought you couldn't just put on a SWAT magwell without switching out the bolt and all kinds of other stuff because the 2 have different feed angles.

I thought you couldn't just put on a SWAT magwell without switching out the bolt and all kinds of other stuff because the 2 have different feed angles.

With the talented and inventive people on this forum I wouldn't put anything past us, including making a complete Swat 12 if someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure that someone will make a new bolt if there is a large enough demand for it. I believe that it involves more than just changing the bolt though?

Edited by TacticalResponse
I recently shelled out big bucks for some factory 8 rounders.

. . . I'm starting to question my decision.

Looking forward to your progress.

A|G

I'm sure we could start a "feelings of doubt over my factory 8rd purchase" support group but I'd happily own 2 8's, 2 of Z's polymer 10's, and 2 of saigasolutions steel 10's!! When it rains it pours!!

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate to do this and ask for an updated release date, but Christmas is coming and I need to know if I'll be able to at least order the mags for people by Christmas, or if I should buy them something else and just buy myself a bunch later for my own use.

Or if I should just buy a bunch for myself as my Christmas gift to me. :smoke: Either way, is it looking decent by Christmas, or are there still a few design hangups right now?

Dr. G - russians sell them off this site in the for sale section, but they take a while to get here from what everybody says.

you could always go pay the 200 bucks on egay for one, of course :)

Hey everyone

I don't have an actual delivery date for the public yet.

I am working on them and I am progressing.

The main issue is making the dies for mass production. I don't want to spend time custom fitting each magazine; instead I would rather have the die do the work for me.

I could produce magazines from the dies I have already, but I would have to custom build each magazine (i.e. custom grinding and cutting). I feel this will create quality control issues.

Each component requires a custom, consistent die (something like 5 dies since I am not using an automated setup). All of which have to be perfect and capable of producing quality parts.

The only thing that I can promise is that my magazines will be in large part defect free when they are shipped to the public (100% defect free does not exist for any product). Peoples lives are at stake (feeding issues in a life or death scenario is not something I take lightly). I apologize for not delivering sooner, but my main concern is delivering a quality product and not making a quick buck. Reputation is everything and I am not willing to compromise on the quality of my product. They will be worth waiting for please be patient.

Independent testing will begin soon. I have several testers (which have nothing to gain from the products success other than a free magazine) which will verify the products quality. Topmaul will be testing my magazines in competition for those who are involved in sporting events.

I would like to thank everyone for their support as I have received some great e-mails concerning the S-12 product. I intend to offer my magazines at reduced prices for military personnel (once I figure out how to verify enlistment).

Concerning price - they will be less than the factory magazines, come on now how do you think I am going to compete. :unsure:

Support the troops!

Ian

How about veterans?

:D

BTW. I think your mags look great! Your a hell of a pioneer to take on such a product. I dont know much about production, but I have been heavily involved in fabrication processes since high school metal & welding 101. I think your design is the smartest and overall best for a Saiga shotgun. I wouldn't change a thing! If your near Harrisburg Pennsylvania and need a hand, drop me a line! Or, if I can help in any way, please let me know.

I look forward to the success of your inovations, I will be picking up an S12 in April.