Hi all, new to the forum and had just recently bought my first saiga 12. I am in the middle of converting and purchasing the bells and whistles for my gun and am coming across a problem.

I had ordered a barrel shroud (archangel s12 to be exact) on the 17th of January from Alumaliteusa , when I purchased, I understood from the website that it may take a couple weeks give or take for the item to come in.

My Question is this, I've tried to contact them on several occasions now, just to ask about the status of ETA and no reply, has anyone else had this problem? I see they had no problem taking the money, but I can't them to respond at all. Thoughts? Thx in advance

I had a similar issue, i tried contacting them by email and phone several times to discuss a custom brake i wanted made for my .308, i called and emailed multiple times and never got any kind of response at all, i seriously questioned if they had went out of business or if there work was in such high demand and they were so busy they simply didnt have time for good customer service anymore lol i eventually got tired of it and decided to go with someone else for my brake work and happy i did, alumalite definately does some nice work but i think there over priced and that combined with there customer service was good enough reason for me to take my business somewhere else.

depending on how bad you have your heart set on that particular shroud, i would stop payment and explore other options, i think its bullshit they cant even answer a email from a costumer especially one who has made a purchase, considering they encourage all questions by email on there own dam site...016.gif LOL

I know they are a small business and I have read of similar problems before, i have had some with other vendors too. Try sending them a message on this forum thay worked for me with another vendor. You do need to realize with the current situation with 2ND amendment laws ALL gun parts manufacturers are OVER THE TOP SWAMPED in business. Many of them are too busy trying to get orders out the door to even look at Emails, some of them have had to shut dwon for a few weeks just to catch up!

Yeah I do understand they are busy, but all I'm looking for is a "hey we're still working on your order, pls be patient" I've been patient for 3 wks and have spent a good bit of money with them. I don't think I'm asking too much. AKA Customer Service. Keep me in the loop. But it is what it is.

I know they are a small business and I have read of similar problems before, i have had some with other vendors too. Try sending them a message on this forum thay worked for me with another vendor. You do need to realize with the current situation with 2ND amendment laws ALL gun parts manufacturers are OVER THE TOP SWAMPED in business. Many of them are too busy trying to get orders out the door to even look at Emails, some of them have had to shut dwon for a few weeks just to catch up!

Ive also heard of others having this same issue with alumalite and our situations were well before the second amendment scare, i honestly think they just dont pay much attention to costumer service.

I also had a bad experience and warn others be VERY patient and expect zero communication. We are not alone, their Facebook page is full of people posting and commenting about not getting through on the phones or e-mail.

Personally I ordered a barrel shroud Dec 12th before the panic began. I got an e-mail from Michael right after the order saying it would ship the following Tuesday. Well nothing that week, or the following. Started replying the to original e-mail from him, nothing. Sent new e-mails, nothing. Filled out the contact form on the website, nothing. Found his cell phone via web site domain records, no answer and his voicemail box was full. Not a good sign. After two months I finally sent one and final e-mail saying I'm calling my bank and filling a fraud complaint. 24 hours later I finally get reply my order was lost and it would go out shortly.

All I ask for with any company is communication. I can take bad news, I can be patient, but just communicate with me along the way.