"My Moscow based Saiga: Peculiarities of the Russian National guns

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Guys.   Some of you think "that the Russian people keep there guns "stock" or unmodified". This is not true. Over the past few years, Russian companies have developed many interesting option

Some interesting images russian guns  

I congratulate you with the day of the Soviet Army and Navy.

Posted Images

So I'm seeing pictures from the Arms and Hunting show. Does that mean that things are improving for the Russian civilian market?

The situation is not simple.

Izhmash lately does not supply firearms to the domestic market.

Plant "MOLOT"   introduced a  whole line of firearms based on the AKM

post-46820-0-00133700-1382727771_thumb.jpg

and the RPK .

post-46820-0-99463800-1382728558_thumb.jpg

They are produced on the basis of military production samples 70s 80s. And certified as a hunting rifle. cool.png

M-4 carbine produced by "MOLOT" (with the barrel of the RPK) can also be purchased at the price of $ 2,500.

post-46820-0-58077300-1382728438_thumb.jpg

In general, the price of a good weapon (and Russian and foreign) have recently increased by 30-40%

Persistent rumors about the possibility of resolving combat pistols. But these are only rumors.

New Molot  product line -

SVT

post-46820-0-28267000-1382728917_thumb.jpg

AKMs

post-46820-0-19334600-1382728923.jpg

9mm Luger

post-46820-0-86708600-1382728933.jpg

AKM+ATI

post-46820-0-36589500-1382728943.jpg

KO-SVD

post-46820-0-35608400-1382728952_thumb.jpg

AKS

post-46820-0-82062500-1382728971.jpg

AKSu

post-46820-0-50503200-1382728981.jpg

Mosin

post-46820-0-77693400-1382728987_thumb.png

In one embodiment, the Mosin rifle was firing .410-caliber bullets 021.gif

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

News Russian arms market.

Infantry machine gun "Maxim" is certified as a hunting weapon ...
(this is not a joke, the official certificate of compliance already).

post-46820-0-39169100-1383990139_thumb.jpg

Russian Hunters in anticipation of flight of ducks

horror.gif  

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys.

Some of you think "that the Russian people keep there guns "stock" or unmodified". This is not true.

Over the past few years, Russian companies have developed many interesting options for tuning Saiga  and other rifles based on the Kalashnikov.

Russian hunters and fans of "practical shooting" (IPSС.ru) is not only familiar with the products of such well-known companies like CAA, Fab Defens, Tapco, Magpul, Leaper/UTG,  Tromix, Ultimak etc. but actively use them.

Russian arms factories such as Izhmash & Molot also created new accessories and upgrade manufactured products.

Often, these developments do not become serial, but this does not become less interesting.

In addition in the Russian market is gradually emerging new commercial  plant

engaged in the production parts for gunsmithing.

In this topic, I will tell you about the most interesting options & components to improve Saiga created in Russia.

I'll try any of your questions.

I apologize for my English. I'm still learning. blush.png

I love it. 1) No need to apologize for rough English. At least you care. I wish more native English speakers would attempt to speak well.

2) That's hilarious- and should be obvious to anyone who thinks. People are people every where. People who use guns every where are going to want better guns and personalized guns. Some will make their guns better others will make them worse. 

For some reason (video games?) there has been a fad the last few years to assume that Russian men and gear are super manly and behave like they live in an action movie. That's obviously just as silly as assuming that Samurai were the ultimate warriors, and every thing they touched was unique and the pinnacle of development.

3) see #1 above. It's cool to see different ways of doing things, and more often than not pretty similar ways of doing things. I like the creativity. It's also pretty cool to see what people in different countries do to avoid stupid local laws, or do when they don't have stupid local laws. i.e. British guys figuring out how to make a long shotgun fun, or people in Califorina making rifles and shotguns worth the bother, and Russian guys having legal side folders. My state doesn't allow short barrels, but there are creative things people can do to offset that. Do the most with what you can, and make it your own! 

• Like 1

2) That's hilarious- and should be obvious to anyone who thinks. People are people every where. People who use guns every where are going to want better guns and personalized guns. Some will make their guns better others will make them worse. 

My father fought in Vietnam . He was an officer of anti-aircraft troops. He told me how the American planes destroyed . Thereafter, American planes bombed missile system S-75 on which he served.

It has been almost 50 years. My father is no longer alive . But if he was alive he would say - it is better to exchange views, than missiles. I hope that the Russian and American guys will never again look at each other through the optical rifle sight .

P/s And yet, I am very sorry about the death of Mikhail Kalashnikov. With his death, I lost a brother of his father.

• Like 1

Agreed. I'd just as soon not fight with anyone. The more our countries do business together, the less risk of that there is.

I think I understand the sentiment of your last sentence, but I don't think the expression works in English.

While deviating from original topic (as long as it's OK with thread owner)...

You'd be amazed how much both sides are alike and have in common, once you get to know them.

We are much closer, than our "caring" gubberments wants us to believe...

Open minds, eyes and hearts will always go much further. 

Na Zdorov'ye!

I think Russians and Americans have a lot in common and I would agree that our two governments are mostly to blame for our history of conflict.. Imagine the pairing of Russian and American as partner superpowers. Could've been a much greater 20th century had we not been working against each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your victory in the Great Patriotic War!

WW2 is still big topic in the news here in the USA, even today.

Friends often are not similar by mind or appearance, but they are still friends. It would do us all well to remember that.

BTW, fuck hitler and fuck tojo

Vinni83,

what is your opinion on the Ultimak rail? I'm starting to see it on pictures of AK's outside of the US.

akgallerybulgy-03.jpg

I use the Ultimak rail. Aimpoint on top with a light mount mounted on that same rail. Standard ak handguard with an added magpul rail segment in order to attach pistol grip.

Edited by FredRepr650

Friends often are not similar by mind or appearance, but they are still friends. It would do us all well to remember that.

Thank you my friend.

post some new photos of the new Russian products!

I'll try.

That's a very interesting Saiga (AK type) of premium performance, with walnut furniture and oxidation.

Cover it with gold, and will be just like Saddam Hussein.

post-46820-0-78987400-1400358064_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Vinni83,

what is your opinion on the Ultimak rail? I'm starting to see it on pictures of AK's outside of the US.

akgallerybulgy-03.jpg

I use the Ultimak rail. Aimpoint on top with a light mount mounted on that same rail. Standard ak handguard with an added magpul rail segment in order to attach pistol grip.

Ultimak - a good base for light sights, such as your Aimpoint or TRS-25

For more massive sights it seems to me, a bad option.

In Russia price Ultimak =150-200$ quite expensive mount.

We prefer rail installed instead of the standard rear sight. The price of such anchorages around $ 50 With light sights they work very well.

post-46820-0-16891400-1400359804_thumb.jpg

post-46820-0-18757800-1400360165_thumb.jpg

A more massive sights, I think it's better to put on the side bar and bracket (eg MI).

EoTech 512+Ultimak -  bad combination.

• Like 2

Thank you my friend.

post some new photos of the new Russian products!

I'll try.

That's a very interesting Saiga (AK type) of premium performance, with walnut furniture and oxidation.

Cover it with gold, and will be just like Saddam Hussein.

attachicon.gif9393880.jpg

i would pay you to obtain and send me a set of these wood handguards

In the Russian market of civilian weapons, a new long-awaited model - Saiga 9 * 19 (Vityaz)

post-46820-0-89639200-1400703825_thumb.jpg

Now, other than products of plant "Molot" :

AKM altered under Luger cartridges (VPO-139)

post-46820-0-01927200-1400704374_thumb.jpg

Its shortened version (МА-AK , 9 мм. LUGER)

post-46820-0-24134200-1400704874_thumb.jpg

& Vepr 9*19 (is not a remake of the AKM is designed based on the RPK)

post-46820-0-40788600-1400705360_thumb.jpg

appeared and weapons designed and manufactured in the factory Izhmash.

post-46820-0-90427100-1400706213_thumb.jpg

Edited by vinni83
  • Like 1

Vinni83,

akgallerybulgy-03.jpg

Ultimak - a good base for light sights, such as your Aimpoint or TRS-25

For more massive sights it seems to me, a bad option.

In Russia price Ultimak =150-200$ quite expensive mount.

We prefer rail installed instead of the standard rear sight. The price of such anchorages around $ 50 With light sights they work very well.

attachicon.gif8313986.jpg

attachicon.gif8539460.jpg

A more massive sights, I think it's better to put on the side bar and bracket (eg MI).

EoTech 512+Ultimak -  bad combination.

We have some of these Armacon rear sight replacement rails, In my opinion both Ultimak and Armacon work well, holding zero under even after removing and reinstalling the optics. I do prefer  the position of the Armacon more, it allows for a better grip on the handguards.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gif8622300.jpg

Saiga MK, from tuning company "Рысь" ("Lynx").

Funny to see Magpul buttstock and Tapco magazine being used in an AK in Russia.

Magpul buttstock, EoTech & Leupold sights, Surefire lights, these brands are well established in Russia for their quality, reliability & ergonomics.

post-46820-0-97870400-1402398492_thumb.jpg

But Tapco magazine is rather exotic. In order to use them on their Saiga need to refine, and the reliability of the magazine production Izhmash, no doubt.

• 1 month later...