"My Moscow based Saiga: Peculiarities of the Russian National guns

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Guys.   Some of you think "that the Russian people keep there guns "stock" or unmodified". This is not true. Over the past few years, Russian companies have developed many interesting option

Some interesting images russian guns  

I congratulate you with the day of the Soviet Army and Navy.

Posted Images

Thank you friends.

It would be easier to develop this theme, if you asked a more practical issues.

cool.png

(Leaving discussion of Russian women for "dessert")

Optics.

Let's talk legendary Russian optics.

I was blown away by quality and functionality of PSO-1 4x24, which I was lucky to try with SVD (that's true, USSR-made SVD, not lousy imitation).

It takes a while to learn the reticle, but once it nailed, then it's like driving the stick shift: you need to practice, but you cannot forget how to...

I think, once Russians pick up in electronics components, get engaged more into zoom optics and improve esthetics (yeah, I know, T-34 is a legend, but not everything has to look like it; no offence), Russia (and so Belarus, Ukraine and other former USSR and Eastern Block countries) can benefit from higher demand and resulted greater sales.

My personal opinion...

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Yes PSO-1 and its civilian equivalent PO 4 * 24, is a great sight, and today I think it is best for the Kalashnikov. He's as reliable, has a relatively large angle of view and can be very effective to work at distances of 100-300 meters.
On the other hand if we consider it as SVD an sniper rifle, and not as "support weapons", along with a machine gun (this tactic is used in mechanized infantry units of the Russian army today), then it is more appropriate 8x PSO-3 (or PO 3-9х24 http://www.npzoptics.com/catalog/day_sights/po3-9h24_1/ ) .

In elite special forces of the Russian army SVD gradually replaced by the T-5000. New line of optics have already been developed under it.

post-46820-0-78244500-1363199402_thumb.jpg

While, on a short barrel Saiga MK-03 http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/86276-my-ak-104s-latest-look/ , it looks funny.

We have a saying - "видит око, да зуб неймет". Ideal for this weapon - assault 1x sight "Rakurs" http://www.npzoptics.com/catalog/sights_for_small_arms/shirokougolnyj_opticheskij_pricel/ . The main Russian rival - EoTech.
In contrast to him, he has a built-in tritium illumination (runs 6-7 years). At distances up to 200 meters is ideal.

post-46820-0-38766900-1363200691_thumb.jpgpost-46820-0-73036500-1363199705_thumb.jpg

Edited by vinni83
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We also appreciate Izhmashs finest here in the UK :)

post-44524-0-61176100-1363991635_thumb.jpg

My AK-104 with BeLoMo PK-A red-dot

post-44524-0-17214200-1363991742_thumb.jpg

My SVD-S with Soviet laminate handguards, 1200m military rear sight and mil-spec 8x42vd scope with 1000m rangefinder

post-44524-0-81435800-1363991833_thumb.jpg

My SVD-S with the original plastic handguards and fully functioning 1pn34 night vision scope,which is in its original transit case with all the accessories etc.Also has the correct Russian military issue bipod :)

• Like 2
We also appreciate Izhmashs finest here in the UK smile.png

attachicon.gifIMG_1124-1.jpg

attachicon.gif2013-02-21 15.27.23-2.jpg

My SVD-S with Soviet laminate handguards, 1200m military rear sight and mil-spec 8x42vd scope with 1000m rangefinder

attachicon.gifIMG_1110-1.jpg

My SVD-S with the original plastic handguards and fully functioning 1pn34 night vision scope,which is in its original transit case with all the accessories etc.Also has the correct Russian military issue bipod smile.png

OK, tell us more about AK in UK (no pun intended!).

And from 1pn34 to bipod: all appears to be genuine,

This thread is getting hotter than hell and starts spewing lava across the globe.

Can we get Aussies and Kiwis to pitch in as well?

We also appreciate Izhmashs finest here in the UK :)[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1124-1.jpg

My AK-104 with BeLoMo PK-A red-dot[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]2013-02-21 15.27.23-2.jpg

My SVD-S with Soviet laminate handguards, 1200m military rear sight and mil-spec 8x42vd scope with 1000m rangefinder[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif]IMG_1110-1.jpg

My SVD-S with the original plastic handguards and fully functioning 1pn34 night vision scope,which is in its original transit case with all the accessories etc.Also has the correct Russian military issue bipod :)

OK, tell us more about AK in UK (no pun intended!).

And from 1pn34 to bipod: all appears to be genuine,

This thread is getting hotter than hell and starts spewing lava across the globe.

Can we get Aussies and Kiwis to pitch in as well?

Ok, here in the UK we can own AKs etc on a section 1 firearms certificate but they are straight pull only (the bolt carrier has to be cycled manually between shots), we don't need compliance parts so they can be 100% Russian (or Romanian etc) and there is no restriction on mag capacity and AK mags are plentiful (i have got a good selection of Izhmash and Tula Bakelites, Russian alloy waffle,Chicom steel,Romanian steel etc including a brand new 75r Chinese drum).Russian/Soviet optics and military surplus items are easy to get hold of and I have some contacts in Russia,Belarus and the Ukraine that I buy off.Heres a pic of my other AK, its a Romanian AKM that came direct from the Cugir factory but has been fitted with genuine Soviet laminate furniture,slant muzzle brake and a mil-spec 1000m rear sight with the correct Cyrillic 'Battle' setting mark and Afghan era tan sling.In the pic it has a Izhmash Bakelite mag in and the posp 8x42vd scope is only fitted to see what it looks like as I only shoot this

one with ironsights :)

post-44524-0-01104500-1364029700_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
We also appreciate Izhmashs finest here in the UK smile.png

Very nice. Plastic furniture & PK-A - good look.

A good red dot scope, powerful flashlight and drum for 75 rounds, make the Ak-104 in the best assault melee weapons.

KS-K is also good, but inferior to the AK reliability.

Edited by vinni83

attachicon.gifIMG_1110-1.jpg

My SVD-S with the original plastic handguards and fully functioning 1pn34 night vision scope,which is in its original transit case with all the accessories etc.Also has the correct Russian military issue bipod smile.png

Dinosaur. It weighs about 2.5 kg

And the length exactly matches the AKSu (stock folded). Nice specimens in museum .

However, and more modern Russian night sights never cease to amaze

post-46820-0-99347100-1364057992_thumb.jpg

How much $ NSPU in UK -?

I paid $850 but that was for the 1pn34 and a LOT of other stuff :)

The 1pn34 may be a dinosaur but it is better than a lot of commercial Gen2 and 3 night vision scopes, and certainly better than no night vision if it is ever needed ;)

Edited by UKAK
I paid $850 but that was for the 1pn34 and a LOT of other stuff smile.png

The 1pn34 may be a dinosaur but it is better than a lot of commercial Gen2 and 3 night vision scopes, and certainly better than no night vision if it is ever needed wink.png

Totally agree with you. But still he is already very big and heavy.

Modern sights still smaller and lighter.

post-46820-0-86453600-1364063002_thumb.jpg

Edited by vinni83

I paid $850 but that was for the 1pn34 and a LOT of other stuff :)

The 1pn34 may be a dinosaur but it is better than a lot of commercial Gen2 and 3 night vision scopes, and certainly better than no night vision if it is ever needed ;)

Totally agree with you. But still he is already very big and heavy.

Modern sights still smaller and lighter.

[img=http://forum.saiga-12.com//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 6673660.jpg

I would say the 1pn34 is ideal in a defensive situation, iirc its main role was with Border Guards, the East Germans bought loads of them.Thats an interesting stock on that SVDS in your pic, I like the camo suit the guy is wearing as well.I have got a Spetsnaz Sever Flectarn-d summer suit on its way from Russia at the moment :)

Edited by UKAK
I would say the 1pn34 is ideal in a defensive situation, iirc its main role was with Border Guards, the East Germans bought loads of them.Thats an interesting stock on that SVDS in your pic, I like the camo suit the guy is wearing as well.I have got a Spetsnaz Sever Flectarn-d summer suit on its way from Russia at the moment smile.png

In the photo - complex "military equipment soldier" (MES) "Ратник"

I do not want to upset you but Flektarn-D is not the color of the Russian army. Maybe, what some squad may apply and it is, but mostly it is used airsoft.

Russian special forces primarily uses a form of mountain riflemen with no camouflage. Russians is a name -"горка".

1013980.jpeg

2193407.jpg

Not doubting you mate, the pattern is called Ryaska and is worn by some Spetsnaz and VDV units.The Russian Army have a large array of camo patterns, including a copy of West German Bundeswehr Flecktarn that is virtually identical to the West German original.They also have a 'digital' Flecktarn pattern.Have a look on camopedia for a listing on Russian camo and just about any other military camo patterns out there.Below is a pic of VDV wearing Flectarn-d/Ryaska

post-44524-0-69786800-1364080424_thumb.jpeg

VDV troops in Georgia, the guy next to the one with the blindfold is wearing Flectarn-d/Ryaska

Edited by UKAK

Ok. I will not argue.
rolleyes.gif

I can only say that the people shown in the photo do not look like regular units of the Russian army. Apparently this is exploration, and this dress is chosen deliberately, in order to confuse the enemy. huh.png

Основные цвета Российского камуфляжа.

post-46820-0-68149400-1364600493.jpg

Edited by vinni83

No worries my friend, I have found two interesting pics on a Russian website.One shows new VDV troops wearing Flectarn-d/Ryaska at a passing out ceremony and the other shows a VDV vet wearing trousers that interestingly are indentical to British issue DPM camo!.One thing worth noting is that VDV and Spetnaz troops are not regular army and don't have the same uniform and equipment restraints as regular troops (look at the 'westernized' AKs that Spetnaz troops have with AR style stocks and picatinny rails etc), in fact during the second war in Chechnya Spetnaz 'Sabouteur' units didn't wear a recognized uniform, most wearing trainers and tracksuit bottoms and were often mistaken for Chechen rebels by regular infantry troops during operations!

post-44524-0-66489300-1364114589_thumb.jpeg

post-44524-0-81110200-1364114612_thumb.jpeg

Looks identical to British DPM

post-44524-0-54768100-1364116949_thumb.jpeg

How cool is this pic?

post-44524-0-38264700-1364117040_thumb.jpeg

Do you think its a standard issue phone charm?, gotta love Russian girls :)

Edited by UKAK

That last pic is really interesting as it appears that its a fixed stock yet that SVD appears to have the shorter SVDS barrel and a fixed stock can't be fitted to a SVDS as the rear of the receiver is different.Is that a military SVD or a Tigr?.

Are these alternate SVD/SVDS stocks available to buy in Russia or are they military only?.Keep the SVD pics coming vinnie, im hooked! :)

Are these alternate SVD/SVDS stocks available to buy in Russia or are they military only?.Keep the SVD pics coming vinnie, im hooked! smile.png

Is an experimental butt can be set to any Tiger / SVD (not S), made ​​by special order from the factory.

A good red dot scope, powerful flashlight and drum for 75 rounds, make the Ak-104 in the best assault melee weapons.

KS-K is also good, but inferior to the AK reliability.

I dare to comment on this statement.

Ak-105 guards the president of Ingushetia.

post-46820-0-04324700-1364931086_thumb.jpg

Pay attention to the magazine - an experimental by 60 cartriges 5.45.

Instead drum 7.62 * 39. But much more compact and convenient.

post-46820-0-46757400-1364932409.jpg

post-46820-0-77659600-1364932422.jpg

Ak-104 units "Center A"

Edited by vinni83
+ very interes photo

attachicon.giftumblr_mc27szAYXo1qdrno0o1_1280.jpg

i really like that ak handhuard

It ia actually a different kind of AK. Under that "handguard" is a piston that countacts the recoil caused by the bolt reciprocating.

Here is more info:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/12/13/big-news-izhmash-announces-saiga-9-9mm-and-civilian-ak-107-with-balanced-recoil/

• 2 weeks later...

I like 'em all.

No offense: it's amazing how quickly Russia "westernized" their accessories (with traditionally not much respect for OEM IPs): from ACE Skeleton and T6 styled stocks, via Magpul look-alike furniture, to Miculek, GRG and Barrett's styled muzzle breaks.

Sure, there is specific "flavor" added.

It's also about common sense and ergonomics, plus competition.

My personal opinion.