Trijicon Reflex VS Meprolite Reflex. Anybody own either of these?

I feel it would work well with whatever you put it on. I have one on an SGL31-62. I do like it, but the mount I have places the optic a bit high. Its not a problem, but I had to get used to the difference in the height over bore, and re-learn my hold overs/unders. I feel it would be a damn good optic for an AR pistol.

Either of them would likely do great. Its hard to beat both eyes open shooting. The thing I love about it the most is that its places the reticle on the same focal plane as the target, takes no batteries, has 1 MOA click adjustments and is made right here with pride. Very good sights.

Any issues with the tritium dimming? What's the life on it? Does it really matter unless you're in total darkness?

I really like the no batteries/electronics and fiber optic aspect.

If shooting from a dark position into a lighted position or a very well lit one then you will get washout if you dont have the polarizing filter on it. It comes with the filter in the packaging to adjust the light level that comes through the sight. Mine is a bit loose and will turn on its own under recoil, but isnt an issue to me. And the tritium should hold up for at least 12 yrs and can be replaced for a fee from Trijicon.

ETA: and yes, mine does light up well in total darkness.

Edited by Captain Hero
Knowing that the tritium can be replaced, and it's made here, I think I'll look for a trijicon. It's pricey but I want something that's going to hold up well.

It also takes a few months / years for tritium to become "unuseable" (unlike a battery).

You can see it go dimmer and dimmer and have time to get it replaced.

It's rarely an urgent replacement of the power source. And the Trijicon uses tritum, ambient light and mini-Chemlites as a power source.... Not a battery in it!

• Like 1