3D Printing? Vepr-12 Mag Proposal

The walls are pretty damned thin, I don't think it would work. You could certainly print an extension to fit onto existing low-cap magazines. The part that enters the receiver seems too thin for printed plastics to have sufficient strength - I could be mistaken.

For now, 3D printing seems to be mostly PLA (corn plastic, basically) and ABS (think Lego) - not the strongest plastics in the world. I've been trying to find decent CAD software that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is intuitive to me, but haven't had much luck so far. There are several designs I have in mind - for one, I'd really like to make 3D-printable Colt SMG mags.

so... how do you get things "printed" anyway? Do online companies do it to order for little cost, or would it be just as much to buy a real mag?

To get a 3D print from a professional company in SLS (Nylon), an AR-15 magazine is around €160.

And it's a bit too fragile to use over and over and over. Also the wall thickness close to the "feeder" was too thick, so needs checking.

I just did a 3D print, so that's my experience.

Edited by 3Gun