Dorner Gun battle video - watch it before they remove it

Good thing Dorner didn't have any accomplices. Those police put themselves in a position to be ambushed and rolled up. My platoon Sergeant would have ripped me a new asshole if my platoon acted like they did. It's the same in most police videos I've seen.The cops are so focused on their objective that they fail to pull security on their rear and flanks, they bunch up and cluster. I think it has to do with their belief that no one would attack them other than the one they are looking for. Perhaps that is true so long as they deal with lone wolves but sooner or later someone is going to organize and then they are going to lose a lot of cops. If you are going to dress like a soldier and carry a soldier's weapons you had better learn how to fight like a soldier too because some day someone is going to take you up on your offer. Just my opinion.

• Like 7
Wow. Didn't realize the police use FA.

They definitely didn't have any discipline controlling their fire!

Good thing Dorner didn't have any accomplices. Those police put themselves in a position to be ambushed and rolled up. My platoon Sergeant would have ripped me a new asshole if my platoon acted like they did. It's the same in most police videos I've seen.The cops are so focused on their objective that they fail to pull security on their rear and flanks, they bunch up and cluster. I think it has to do with their belief that no one would attack them other than the one they are looking for. Perhaps that is true so long as they deal with lone wolves but sooner or later someone is going to organize and then they are going to lose a lot of cops. If you are going to dress like a soldier and carry a soldier's weapons you had better learn how to fight like a soldier too because some day someone is going to take you up on your offer. Just my opinion.

+1

• Like 2

Dressing like a soldier wearing white tennis shoes......guess there werent enough boots to go around

• Like 2

Lesson #1. Cops are not military, no matter how much tactical crap they wear, or how many machine guns they issue.

Which I guess is fine. Cops are not SUPPOSED to be military.

But watching this video I can see why 2 cops went down.

• Like 2

I noticed at one point one of the officers standing at the back of a truck(in the first half of the video) just raised his rifle and pointed in a general direction and pulls off a burst.....Didnt even appear to be shooting at anything. Scary thing is, earlier in the video another officer had been standing in that general direction throwing what appeared to be a smoke toward the house. 010.gif

I wasnt there obviously, and im not cop. But it sure didnt appear to be very organized. I would hate to have been a hostage in that situation. All around bad deal.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

I saw that! Then after he fired, the officer behind him seemed to be saying, "WTH are you shooting at?!" ;)

One of the articles last night clearly stated that an armored vehicle was brought in and started pulling the walls down. Today... not one word about that? :huh:

• Like 1

I think Dorner went the suicide route:

A SWAT team surrounded the cabin and used an armored vehicle to break out the cabin windows, said a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. The officers then lobbed tear gas canisters into the cabin and blasted a message over a loudspeaker: "Surrender or come out."

The armored vehicle then tore down each of the cabin's four walls.

A single shot was heard inside before the cabin was engulfed in flames, the law enforcement official told The Associated Press.

I saw that! Then after he fired, the officer behind him seemed to be saying, "WTH are you shooting at?!" wink.png

One of the articles last night clearly stated that an armored vehicle was brought in and started pulling the walls down. Today... not one word about that? huh.png

There are lots still mentioning that actually....

Holy fuck... great operation there Rambos! NOT!

Imagine if there were hostages inside... they really wanted to kill him no matter the collateral damage. Insane.

Great example of how they are there for your "safety".

Edit

Because you know...in their hands they become weapons of safety and all evil is expunged that would be present if non-LEO person owned it; To boot can't you see how "professionally" they are handling them? No question why they are allowed to have/use them. haha.gif

Edited by HappYBallZ

Some do, some don't. It is really up to the administration of each department. Some departments have semi for patrol units, FA for SWAT, but again, just depends on the admin.

It is really easy to watch a video and critique and second guess what is going on. No one here has any idea what the police knew and did not know going into this situation. And no, police are not military, and never claim to be. Even those who were Marines, and now police, do not claim to be all that. Not to mention this was within an hour or so of two of their co-workers begin shot, one of which was killed. They probably made a lot of tactical mistakes chasing an armed cop killer into the snowy mountains into some remote cabin. There is not a lot of training for that at the police academy. They got the job done and no one else was killed or injured except the bad guy. Lighten up.

Edited by Semper299

I notice at 0.12 into the tape you will see an officer on the right side hugging a building on his right then toss a smoke/gas/incendiary device at the cabin resulting in the huge cloud of white smoke and starting the fire . Judging by the amount of white smoke in only a few seconds says WP is what was thrown and it will burn about anything ,and WP is military issue only .

Edited by belt fed frog
I noticed at one point one of the officers standing at the back of a truck(in the first half of the video) just raised his rifle and pointed in a general direction and pulls off a burst.....Didnt even appear to be shooting at anything. Scary thing is, earlier in the video another officer had been standing in that general direction throwing what appeared to be a smoke toward the house. 010.gif

I wasnt there obviously, and im not cop. But it sure didnt appear to be very organized. I would hate to have been a hostage in that situation. All around bad deal.

Did you hear what happened behind him before he shot that small burst at nothing? Someone behind him was shooting at something, and he turned around and it looked like he was asking wtf the other guy was shooting at. Then he raised his weapon and fired a couple rounds at nothing. It sure seemed like neither one of them had any clue what they were shooting at, they just wanted to shoot.

• Like 1

No snipers on site I take it, and what the fuck were they shooting at? How many .223 rounds does it take to cut a house in half? I wonder how many neighbors were hit with all of that shit. Incredible. But hey, we're the police.

• Like 1

Yeah.... You guys need to lighten up. I mean, the shooting of random vehicles with innocent people inside is justifiable. They were stressed! Come on. It was a truck after all... Even though it was a completely different make/color and the occupants were two women and not a 6 and half foot black man! So what if there had been hostages? They NEEDED to take him out regardless the cost. After all.... He killed cops. That obviously makes NOTHING ELSE MATTER. So what if they wanna dress up in combat gear and have all the fancy toys? Come on. Lighten up. They're just doing their job.

Seriously... That's pretty much what I gathered from the above post.

Police need to learn their place. They are public servants working for us and paid for by our tax dollars. I know all of them aren't this way but it seems like a lot don't give a shit about anything other than making up for being picked on in high school. They become just another jack booted thug..

Edited by dayofruin
  • Like 5

"I know all of them aren't this way but it seems like a lot don't give a shit about anything other than making up for being picked on in high school."

I somewhat agree, but I would say that most are not like this, and only a handful are making up for being picked on in high school. Nobody likes them....especially other cops. The problem is that the handful stick out like a sore thumb. Most of them become traffic officers and would write their mother a ticket.

They NEEDED to take him out regardless the cost. After all.... He killed cops. That obviously makes NOTHING ELSE MATTER.

really...NO DUE PROCESS ANYMORE....just Waco everyone from now on.. with the allegations Dorner made ....if there were true justice in LA someone should have said bring him back alive I want to investigate his statements further before we deal with this sick individual....there is always at least kernel of truth in statements like he made ...& I know some of what he says is FACT

they never had a single intention of bringing him in, they were in a reckless hurry to grease stain him, to shut him up

Any truth to Doners accusations of police brutality and sticking the blame on him for it? from what I hear that is the whole reason he did this?

I personally have had dealings with these same crooked cops.& racial rats nest hes talking about...

I was Rodney King'd several months before Rodney King was brutally beaten, they put me in the hospital for drag racing a Harley and they beat the brand new Harley aswell..

I WAS CHARGED WITH ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON ON A POLICE OFFICER !!!!! AND I HAD NOTHING ON ME

LA, Long Beach and Signal Hill cops are a rats nest....couple years before Rodney & I got it, the Signal hill pigs were killing black kids in the cells calling it suicide....cops were guilty

& to keep shit straight...the cops hes talking about now running the departments are the same "TO SERVER AND PROTECT" THAT ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MULTI CITY, RODNEY KING RIOTS....& thats only 1 infraction, they have had years to become more proficient than they already are at covering up their crooked behaviour

I sold my Harley repair shop and left kommiefornia for Oregon....best decision of my life

Edited by wasrNwarpaint
  • Like 1

From what I read, the two Deputies were shot before the rest of the Cavalry showed up. He tied up the two female housemaids and stole a car. When he passed the Fish and Game cop, he was recognized by the Officer who radioed his partner down the road Dorner was headed his way. As Dorner passed the second Wildlife Officer, he let loose on him out of the window striking the Officer's truck including the driver's window. A chase ensued, Corner crashed and escaped on foot. He then carjacked a truck at gunpoint and was soon spotted by Law Enforcement again. Another chase and he crashed again resulting in him seeking cover in the cabin. The first Deputy was wounded at the front door and the second was killed at the back as he tried to escape. As far as the outcry from numerous people about them burning him. His actions already escalated the use of force. Bullets kill, so does fire, whether it was intentional or not. Who cares? The assholes at Waco escalated the use of force upon themselves as well.

• Like 2

This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if all the shooting is the cops (sic) or Dorner. There is no reason to expend that kind of fire in a civilian situation. This is not f'ing Afganistan. If Dorner is doing the shooting, pull back, tell Dorner to stop shooting and send in a tank. If he continues, flatten the house and a sniper takes him out when he tries to run or gets squished.

The assholes at Waco escalated the use of force upon themselves as well.

Because the jackbooted thugs shot some of their dogs and they returned fire. No, the govt. escalated the violence.

• Like 2
Hmmm, I thought they were initially serving a warrant for weapons charges in Waco.

Well they were, kind of. Those charges were unvalidated. There was also some child endangerment accusations. It was your usual LEO cluster fk. The local sheriff stated if the goon squad would have backed off they could have picked up Koresh in town very peacefully. Further the Texas Rangers (our state investigative branch) were not permitted to take evidence or investigate the aftermath and they were pissed.

Koresh was nut bag and most likely a criminal but the people duped by this clown died needlessly and tragically and it could have been avoided.

• Like 2