Ha anyone heard from Paul at Pauly's Stealin (bolt/carrier polishi

I spoke to Paul on the phone in late September and agreed to send him my bolt/carrier and fire control group for his standard "Glass Bolt" + trigger work. I shipped the parts on September 30th, signature required, and my check was cashed in early October. That is the last I have heard from him and he has not responded to a couple of e-mails or a voice mail I left for him this year. Does anyone know what his status is? It has been about 4 months now since he cashed my check.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by onelonehorseman

I heard from him about a week ago so I know he's still around. Your parts are fine. He's probably just really busy like every other soul in the whole industry. As far as getting back to each and every email that comes in asking for a status update.... Well I can tell you from my own experience, if I took the time it would take to jump right on every email that comes through wanting "updates", and trust me some guys start the moment the parts arrive... Well when exactly would I have time to actually get any real work done?

• Like 4

I plan to send parts to Pauly some time in the future. I am hesitant to send them right now because I want to be able to use my Saiga. If he ever gets turn around times back down to a couple of months and has time to post once in a while to let us know he is still alive and working then I would be ready to send him my parts. Everyone is just crazy busy right now so I don't blame him for falling behind.

• Like 1
I heard from him about a week ago so I know he's still around. Your parts are fine. He's probably just really busy like every other soul in the whole industry. As far as getting back to each and every email that comes in asking for a status update.... Well I can tell you from my own experience, if I took the time it would take to jump right on every email that comes through wanting "updates", and trust me some guys start the moment the parts arrive... Well when exactly would I have time to actually get any real work done?

Hell Cobra, I've been wondering where you've been, haven't seen you around, or at least posting as frequently as you used to.

Figured you're just busy as the proverbial one legged man in an asskicking contest.

• Like 2
I spoke to Paul on the phone in late September and agreed to send him my bolt/carrier and fire control group for his standard "Glass Bolt" + trigger work. I shipped the parts on September 30th, signature required, and my check was cashed in early October. That is the last I have heard from him and he has not responded to a couple of e-mails or a voice mail I left for him this year. Does anyone know what his status is? It has been about 4 months now since he cashed my check.

Thanks,

Tim

Someone alerted me to this thread.

Hello Tim.

I'm about to get to a bunch of emails. I'm unsure the day a specific piece will ship, but would be quite surprised if yours isn't in the current run. Everybody wants theirs equally, including builders who do massive orders & an increasing number of Sheriff's departments over the last few months. Between builders, and service weapos, they're half my business.

I am going to place a 1-2 month moratorium on taking incoming orders starting at 11:59pm PST this Sunday to catch up, because there always seems to be SOMETHING that happens when I think I can catch up any other way.

I get to emails about twice a week. I do miss some occasionally though in the chaos.

My fees have also raised for the first time ever, to be more commensurate to the time involved for the work done, so that will thin the heard in the future.

Sorry guys. I had to. I'm finding myself in an endless cycle of redundancy.

I can't hire anybody to do any of the milling, welding or polishing work because they can mess stuff up royally if not done JUST right.

I can't trust anybody to inventory, because if they mix a part with another set, that results in a fiasco. Same with even filling out shipping labels if they write a digit wrong. So pretty much all I can have a guy do when I bring them on, is media blast parts and clean the shop, but I have to babysit to an extent there too, to make sure nothing goes wrong.

I've always been the kind of guy who was happy just "getting by", so when I started the company, my goal was to offer the average guy with an average job, the opportunity to get something really, really nice...

Well.. I've kind of figured out that there's a reason that some stuff is cheap, and some is expensive. Funny how the real world has a habit of crushing optimistic idealism.

So, yes, my apologies to those who slipped through the cracks.

I'll make it worth your while.

Once I clear the shop and begin taking orders again, I can get back to a really quick turn, but I'm just going to have to charge appropriately.

God bless.

Paul M. Pawlowski

• Like 6

@Pauly, good to hear. I sent mine out mid September for a glassbolt and upturned charging handle and heard anything since the Nov line update (not that I expected to. SN#691). Pauly said it would be done when its done so i knew what i was gettin into. No complaints here, just nice to hear how business is going.

@Pauly, good to hear. I sent mine out mid September for a glassbolt and upturned charging handle and heard anything since the Nov line update (not that I expected to. SN#691). Pauly said it would be done when its done so i knew what i was gettin into. No complaints here, just nice to hear how business is going.

I am in no rush either. I did pm Pauly the other day to make sure he was still breathing, though. Sounds like his business is booming. Congrats, Paul! Well deserved.

TC

Had a bunch of fires and a bunch of setbacks over the last year..
Order got all FUBAR.
That's why I'm stopping taking any more work for a month or so. So I'm not responding to stuff all day, and I can just hammer stuff out.

Once the shop is clear, stuff will be QUICK, but stuff's gotten perpetual at this point. I never caught up from last year's after summer rush, so this is kind of a restructuring thing to take what I now know about the yearly cycles and make a more efficient system.
I just need to clear stuff first.
Right now my head's spinning so fast, I talk to three people, and get them all confused with eachother because I have no time to organize. It's putting out fire after fire.
It has to end.
I have to not be looking at computer screens, and talking on phones, and just work.

• Like 2

Thanks Cobra, and everyone for your replies. Yes, I agree the product will definately be worth the wait. I just got a little concerned when I read another thread here that Paul hadn't been heard from for a while.

Paul,

It's good to hear from you. I kind of fiqured you were just really backed up with work and I knew someone on the forum would be able to let me know your status. Don't worry about trying to rush, or answer my old emails. If it takes another month, or even two, that's alright. I just wnated to make sure everything was still in process.

Best regards to all,

Tim

• Like 1