I need help with conversion info. on new model saiga 7.62.

Hey fellas, i bought a new model of saiga 7.62x39 with a 16" barrel. It's the model with the vented forearm, pistol grip, ak style stock and it looks like the trigger group is moved forward. Now i previously owned a saiga rifle, the older style.I put together one hell of a conversion, so i have alot of knowledge of the the old style. I dont have this new rifle yet,but shes on her way. My questions are. What stocks fit the new model? Do I need to buy stocks strictly for models with the trigger group moved forward? Does the new model have the rear tang? Can the pistol grip be replaced with a drop in grip? Anyone with knowledge or conversion experience of these new model 7.62s please respond with any helpful info, or anyone that has converted both would be great. Just to give you an idea, i was thinking of an ATI folding stock with the scorpion grip for starters..... Now type 'til your fingers go numb.

Can you provide a little more info on your new Saiga to help identify exactly what you have...model, who you got it from, picture, etc? By what you are describing, the rifle has already been converted and it would be helpful to know what has been done so far.

Edited by FLTF3

You should be good to go for any standard ak furniture on the ass end.

As far as a collapsing and folding stock i recommend the bonesteel arms folder with a magpul ctr stock. I got mine right side folding so as not impede yanking the scope rail off and its low enough to clear the charging handle to shoot folded.

I am a lefty tho ...

I watched a lot of videos on the converting the saigas and all of them left out one big item when dealing with the stock. If your saiga is a century conversion, then behind the trigger guard is a third screw. So two on top and one little one on the bottom. i was driving myself nuts until i spotted that damn little screw. Next time Im going to put a skeleton folder on it, and call it a day. And probably a better forgrip, right now Im using the tapco trirail.